⋅⋆ ii.

𝟎𝟎𝟐. ❝ PICK A SIDE. ❞

   — A FRANTIC PRAYER FELL FROM HER LIPS INCOHERENTLY BEFORE SHE REALIZED EVERYTHING WAS STILL

   — A FRANTIC PRAYER FELL FROM HER LIPS INCOHERENTLY BEFORE SHE REALIZED EVERYTHING WAS STILL. For the first time in her life, her ears weren't filled with a machine hum – something that she had fallen asleep to her entire life. The sound that had comforted her the most was gone, and everything on the dropship was still.

   But the stillness lasted only a millisecond as Cleo's nimble fingers quickly moved to unhook the straps pinning her to her seat. Her stomach had been tossed around so much during the short journey here that during the stillness, it had announced loudly to her that it needed to empty its contents.

   Leaving her friend behind, she scrambled uneasily down the metal ladder and found herself trapped in a metal box. She knew it wasn't smart to want to go outside, but she didn't want to throw up inside the dropship. Cleaning it up would be a bitch – not to mention, with how closely everybody was standing, she was sure it'd land on some unfortunate soul.

   She pushed people out of the way gently, apologizing softly to everyone she touched. By the time she had reached the front of the crowd, it had only grown bigger and somehow – the guard she had left behind on the top floor stood at the door. She figured with his uniform and his now ginormous personality, he would've been ushered to the front quickly.

   "Could you please open it?" She asked weakly, her right hand reaching around to clutch her stomach.

   She swallowed down hard, inhaling deeply to try and fight the nausea dancing around playfully in her body. She knew that her normally fair skin was probably an odd shade of green, but she didn't care too much about her appearance. She needed to get outside before she hurled.

   The guard looked down at her half amused, but his hand lifted to the lever. He was ready to see the Earth in person. Just as he was about to pull it, a voice stopped him.