⋅⋆ xxi.

𝟎𝟐𝟏. ❝ THE EARTH, THE WAR, THE DEATH. ❞

 — WHEN THE GROUNDER DISAPPEARED INTO THE GROUND, CLEO THOUGHT SHE MIGHT'VE BEEN SEEING THINGS

— WHEN THE GROUNDER DISAPPEARED INTO THE GROUND, CLEO THOUGHT SHE MIGHT'VE BEEN SEEING THINGS. But when she realized Finn and Bellamy also saw it, she knew that she wasn't the only one going crazy. They waited a few minutes before following him in, Cleo jumping in right after Bellamy.

   She'd almost forgotten why they were out here – she'd completely forgotten why she'd come in the first place.

   Walking through a tight, barely lit hallway, Cleo could smell the crisp, cool air of the underground abode they were in. She could hear something jangling quietly and hear their echoing footsteps. Her hands balled into fists, preparing for a fight if the grounder was waiting for them. She'd lost the small knife somewhere in the sprint, but she knew her fists would work just fine.

   When the hallway opened up into a room, she expected a warrior to be standing there to greet them with a weapon. Instead, they found Octavia struggling to free herself with a key in front of a fallen grounder. The Blake siblings held a brief reuniting, hugging each other tightly like it'd been years – considering what they'd both been through, it might've been.

   Her heart twisted, wishing she had someone that'd love her as much as Bellamy loved Octavia.

   "We should go," Octavia said once being freed. Her voice was frantic, almost shaking – but she walked around as nothing had happened to her. Cleo could see her limp, she was sure everyone could. "Now – before he wakes up."

   "He's not gonna wake up," Bellamy threatened, grabbing one of the grounders' weapons leaning against the wall.

   "Hey, stop." Cleo joined Octavia in front of the eldest Blake.

   "He didn't hurt me, let's just go," the younger sibling argued.

   "They started this," he replied to the girls. "Finn, move."