8. Think Fast, Tin Man

The first thing Naomi noticed was her head. A light pounding filled it, along with a generally groggy and disgusting feeling over her entire body. Briefly, she reminisced about her college days when she drank beer like a maniac over the weekends. Naomi may be a fairly chill person day-to-day, but the weekends were her time away from stress- mostly.

The second thing Naomi noticed was the fact that she was laying down on a soft surface- running her fingers over it it felt expensive. Already that ruled out any of Naomi's hopes that she was back in her apartment, and confirmed that she was probably still in another dimension. Or crashing at a friends place- there really was no way to know. But one way to find out would be opening one's eyes, as Naomi subsequently did. A light brown tint lay across her vision, and she realized that she was still wearing her sunglasses. Deciding that they were probably saving her from bright fluorescent lighting, she kept them on. That, and she just loved her shades and felt more secure when she could literally see them at all times.

Studying the tall ceiling, Naomi noticed clean white paneling and bright strips of electric light running through the panels- undermining the need for lamps. A look to her right told Naomi that most of the light in the room came from the large glass wall however- cementing the fact that she was in the Avengers facility. She couldn't help but let a smile appear on her face as she took in the green fields criss-crossed with walkways. It was starting to get late, evident by the shade cast over the area. Surely, she thought to herself, something this amazing could never be built in my dimension

Naomi was pulled from her thoughts as she felt a pressure appear on whatever she was lying on. Propping herself up onto her elbows with a light groan, she saw none other than Tony Stark, sitting on the end of the couch- so thats what she was laying on- by her feet. He looked amused at the sight of her, and Naomi felt a pang of jealousy that he didn't seem as hung over as she was. Groaning again, Naomi shifted herself into a sitting position, leaning against the cushions to continue taking the view.

"Heads up, Hepburn."

Naomi barely had time to glance at Tony before a water bottle collided with her torso, doing nothing to help her pounding temples. Of course, the genius had no mercy for her headache because as her head was down to look at the water bottle, a container of pills attacked her forehead next. They weren't heavy of course- but in Naomi's groggy and hungover state, the small plastic bottle knocked her over on the couch, leaving her slumped against the armrest. Tony immediately broke out into laughter at her pitiful state, and much to Naomi's regret, she joined in soon enough.

"Jesus, you're a riot- you know that?" Tony joked, swinging his feet up onto the couch- not caring that he was still wearing his shoes. Glancing at her own feet, Naomi noticed that someone had taken off her sneakers, which were definitely significantly dirtier than anything Tony owned.

"I do try my best." Naomi hummed as she took a swig of the water, inspecting the pills Tony had thrown at her. Happily, she realized they were painkillers, and wasted no time in downing two of them. "Think fast, Tin Man." Naomi smirked as she chucked the pills back at Tony, who of course easily caught them. Naomi dropped her jaw in overdramatic shock, ignoring the pain it sent through her skull. 

"This is rigged man. You only caught it cause you're a superhero." She pouted, sinking further into the expensive couch. Tony snorted, rolling his eyes at her behavior and settling into the couch himself. They were seated in the middle of an Avengers lounge room, complete with a small kitchen off to the side and several large couches for maximum comfort. There was also a mini bar opposite the kitchen because this is Tony Stark, but neither of the room's occupants felt much like drinking now.