37. Plan

"You do have a plan right?"

"God no, who the hell do you think I am?"

Adelina rolled her slitted eyes in exasperation, leading bak against the corridor wall with a light thud. The snake-woman and Naomi Swanson, who definitely didn't have a plan, stood at an impasse in the middle of the hallway.

"You were the one who wished to come here." Adelina snarked, raising an eyebrow at the alleged prophet, who at the moment definitely wasn't feeling very prophet-like.

"Yeah-well you didn't have to lead me to the Hulk's room," Naomi whisper-yelled, conscious of the very powerful and easily angered 'champion' who resided behind the door at the end of the hallway. "That wasn't very thorough thinking on your part." She sassed, raising her eyebrows in mock anger. Adelina simply rolled her eyes again and strode off down the hallway, straight toward the Hulk's giant doors.

"Then let's just go and knock." Adelina replied, perfectly composed and reasonable, whilst Naomi stumbled after her and grabbed the doctor's arm before she could knock.

"Are you insane?" Naomi asked. "I need to convince Hulk to help me, not annoy him!"

"How do you know knocking will annoy him?

"I just do!" Naomi threw up her hands, endlessly frustrated at the situation, and at herself. It had been a solid two days since she had arrived, and had managed to stay out of the tournament and under the radar with the help of Adelina. Unfortunately, Thor and Loki had yet to arrive, and Naomi- who had no idea when they would turn up- had figured it was time to move forward with the plan. The Avengers weren't complete without Hulk, and they couldn't very well win this battle if they lost against Thanos with Bruce in Infinity War. The sooner Naomi could convince Hulk to join her and the Asgardians, the sooner she could leave once the brothers showed. Problem was, Naomi was a complete stranger to the Grand Champion, and she had a gut feeling that befriending him wouldn't be so easy as it had with Tony. Hulk probably wouldst take kindly to some random woman and her snake friend banging on his door with crazy stories about the Avengers, whom he didn't even like at this point.

"We came all this way to speak to the Hulk." Adelina explained, softening her voice as though Naomi was a child. "It would be pointless to give up now, just because you're scared."

"I'm not scared of him, this just needs to go right. If I mess this up, I would be screwing over a lot of people." Naomi joked, running a hand through her hair. Vaguely, she wondered if the stress of stopping Thanos would turn her gray before the job was over.

"You always talk like a lot of people are counting on you, but you've never explained. How does the Grand Champion factor into this?" Adelina asked. Naomi thought for a moment, before sighing. She really didn't want to explain Infinity War to Adelina, especially since the woman didn't need to know. Hopefully, it would affect her. But Naomi supposed that it was selfish to ask so many favors of the doctor without fully explaining herself.

"I don't know the Hulk, but I know about him. And I need him help me win this fight that going to happen- but I'm kind of the only one who really knows what's going to happen. I've been pretty lucky thus far the everyone had believed me." Naomi shrugged, her smile turning melancholy as she watched for Adelina's reaction. The doctor appeared troubled, albeit slightly confused by the brunette's vague explanation. It would take hour to walk her through everything, as Naomi already knew quite well.

She wouldn't have hours however, as evidenced by the two figures who had just rounded the corner, unseen by the two women. They had been carrying on their own conversation, even if it was a little one-sided. However the sight of two strangers in the hallway to the Grand Champions quarters stalled them, leaving them to silently watch the exchange between the snake-woman and regular-woman.

"What fight? It must be big if you need the Hulk's help." Adelina remarked. At the start of the hallway, one of the figures started at the name 'Hulk.' The other simply crossed their arms, a prominent and almost permanent frown on their face.

"The biggest fight i've ever seen. But hopefully it won't happen," Naomi sighed, rubbing her temples. "I need everyone to stop it. The Hulk, Valkyrie, Korg, Miek..." She listed, "The Guardians, obviously- probably the whole Asgardian army, since Hela isn't going to kill them..." She trailed off, thinking of other intergalactic heroes she had yet to recruit.

At this point, the smaller of the two figures had heard quite enough, and figured it was time to step in.

"What the hell are you on about?" Valkyrie herself asked, raising an eyebrow at Naomi, who resembled a deer caught in headlights after noticing the woman- and her friend. Behind Valkyrie, or 'angry girl' as he had dubbed her, the Hulk towered in the hall, sporting some basic armor that hinted that the pair had just returned from training.

"Well that solves the knocking problem." Adelina smirked, throughly enjoying Naomi's tricked expression as the woman attempted to figure out what to say. After a short moment of silence, Adelina stepped in, kind enough to save her from further embarrassment.

"My name is Adelina, i'm a doctor in the champion's medical bay. This is my colleague Naomi," Adelina placed a hand on her shoulder, shaking it slightly to get Naomi out of her stupor. "She has a proposition for the Hulk."

Valkyrie and Hulk turned their attention to Naomi, staring her down as she cleared her throat, trying her best not to turn red. It had happened too many times in the past. "Yes, uh, I would actually like to speak to both of you." Naomi adopted Adelina's formal tone, clasping her hands in front of her.

"You said fight." Hulk grunted, speaking for the first time. Much to Naomi's relief, he seemed interested in her 'proposition,' since apparently it had to do with fighting.

"Yes," Naomi breathed, "I did."

"Hulk fight." He shrugged, and strode down the hallway, heading straight towards the door to his room. Naomi and Adelina split up, each jumping to an opposite side of the hallway as the Hulk lumbered between them. Valkyrie was not so easily satisfied, and stood steadfast in her place, looking Naomi over to determine how she knew her, or, more importantly, the name 'Hela.'

Naomi chewed her lip, speed walking after Hulk as she tried to explain herself further. "Well, its not as simple as that-" Hulk spun around, looking down at Naomi with a surprisingly calm expression.

"Hulk fight. Hulk always fight." He stated, raising an eyebrow at the strange woman, who, apparently, had a fight to offer him.

"And you always win, yes I know," Naomi rushed, playing with her hands and attempting to not look like she was intimidated by the giant green man. Back in her dimension, Naomi had been a strong Hulk advocate ever since Ragnarok came out, and he finally got a personality that went further than mindless violence and one sassy comment to Loki. However now facing him in person, it was a little hard not to remember how violent the champion could become. "You always win, and that's why we need you." Naomi finished, noticing how Hulk seemed to light up when she mentioned that he always won. It didn't do much to reassure her, but it did help slightly to see him with a pleased expression.

"What do you mean,' we'?" Valkyrie spoke up, her voice echoing through the hall as she strode down to meet them. Adelina followed her, though at a distance. It was hard not to feel the dominance radiating off of the warrior. If it hadn't been obvious enough on screen, Naomi saw now that Valkyrie carried herself with just as much power and intimidation factor as Hulk. While it was awe-inspiring, it didn't help the poor prophet's nerves.

"It's, uh, kind of a long story." She fidgeted, not seeing any direction this conversation could go except downhill.

"Then let's hear it." Valkyrie decided, walking past all of them and to the doors, swinging one open in a swift motion. Hulk was the first to walk in, clearly perfectly comfortable with the situation at hand. Adelina made her way to Naomi's side and they walked in together, arm in arm. Valkyrie was last, shutting the door with a loud thud that resonated in the hallway, indicative of the eventful conversation the was no doubt about to happen.