19. Remarkable

"Bitch!"

Naomi's last word resonated in the air after she was pulled out, her eyes still alight with rage as the door slammed in front of her. Thor and Loki remained standing, staring after the door as Odin folded his hands in his lap, pleased.

"Insufferable child." He commented, waving away the woman he just imprisoned like it was an everyday occurrence. However his sons were not so easily swayed to let the matter drop. Thor stewed in his anger, unwilling to break the silence and address the King first. Loki, noticing this, rolled his eyes and began the barrage.

"Her company is only insufferable to you, dear father." His words bit like steel, cutting through the affectionate term to reveal his true thoughts of Odin. The man started slightly at his sons bold statement, surveying him coldly.

"I suppose deceivers may share company comfortably."

Odin's hard tone infuriated Loki, his cool facade splintering from his adoptive father's insults. Thor, who had looked on in troubled silence, spoke up at the verbal abuse of his brother.

"Father, you are wrong in your assumptions of the lady. She might have been rash in her words to you, but she is honest- her intentions are pure." He chose his words carefully, burying his initial anger in favor of a peaceful approach. Odin merely scoffed at his claims, offended at their defense of Naomi. On the opposite end of the table, Loki smoothed over his expression, wearing a winning smile that failed to meet his eyes.

"And what of her prophecy? It was fulfilled- that cannot be denied." Loki's words were charmed, in a figurative sense, his stature polite as he delivered his accusations. "She so kindly informed us of another sibling- the next 'surprise' in the family." Chuckling with a thinly veiled disgust, Loki underhandedly dealt the title of 'deceiver' to Odin- who so often lied to his children. Thor nodded along to his brother, his agreement a silent defiance against their father. Cornered, Odin had no choice but to reveal his firstborn daughter's existence.

"Hela became a threat to Asgard. Her violent appetites grew beyond my control. I couldn't stop her so I imprisoned her, locked her away. She draws her strength from Asgard, and my life is the only thing containing her in Hell." Odin was reluctant to give his explanation, refusing to look up and meet the betrayed stares of his sons. Loki was the one to remain silent this time, the tale of his older sister resonating within him. Instead, Thor spoke up, intent on the matter at hand.

"Then lady Swanson has told us the truth once more!" He protested, taking the news of an imprisoned sibling in stride. "She should not have been arrested, father. She was disrespectful, and nothing more." Thor was firm, leaning forward onto the table. Loki was surprised at Thor's violent defense of the 'prophet,' an almost amused look emerging on his face.

"She has been disrespectful since I bore the misfortune of meeting her. That child has no place on Asgard- I shall send her back to Midgard as soon as Heimdall returns." A hint of his earlier rage slipped through, sending Loki a dirty look at the mention of Heimdall, whom Loki had fired in favor of Skurge. The trickster God only shrugged innocently, smirking once Odin looked away.

"Father I say this in upmost sincerity, but if Naomi Swanson is sent away," Thor jabbed his finger into the table for emphasis. "We are all of us doomed."

Thor's dark prediction sent a chill through the air, Loki dropping his smirk as Odin widened his eye at the bold statement.

"Do tell." Loki said, only half-jokingly. Thor shot both him and Odin looks to convey the seriousness of the topic, before finally resuming his seat. Loki followed suit with an eye-roll, leaning against the back of his chair with an uncaring air. Oppositely, Thor leaned forward in his seat, craning to convince them of Naomi's importance.

"Her visions as a prophet are true- she has shown me them herself." Thor said, catching Loki's interest. "She hails from an alternate dimension where such visions of our future are common- public even." Now Loki was fully enraptured, entertained with the prospect of different dimensions while Odin scoffed.

"This is foolishness, she has deceived you."

"No, father." Thor glowered with frustration, finally rendering Odin silent. Loki propped his elbows on the golden table, lacing his lingers together to rest his chin on.

"Continue." Loki smiled, reveling in the new information spilled. Thor sent him a warning look before continuing.

"Lady Swanson has extremely detailed knowledge of our future- she can even show you the evidence she provided me. Naomi has worked with Tony Stark on Midgard to prevent the future she foresaw from taking place." Thor's tone quieted, growing heavier with the knowledge she had given him. "Had Naomi not interfered, Asgard would have fallen to Ragnarok at the hands of Surtur, and now I believe Hela."

Pausing, he straightened, staring Odin in the eye before making his next extraordinary claim. "She did not tell me directly, but I have reason to believe that had she not instructed me on where to find you, and to bring you back to Asgard," Thor swallowed. "You would be dead in a month, father."

Heavy silence fell over the room as they each contemplated Thor's words, brining Naomi into a new light of perspective. Odin appeared thoughtful, gazing at the table before deciding his response to such news.

"The effects of Midgard had begun to take a toll on me." The King admitted, reluctantly recognizing Naomi's role in saving his life.

"Naomi has already saved you, and she intends to save the entire universe- or half of it, from what I remember." Thor grew lighter as he spoke of Naomi's plan- her insane, impossible plan to stop a mad Titan.

"Naomi must be a remarkable woman." Loki interjected, his words sly on the surface, and yet genuine underneath. Thor had learned to recognize his brothers double meanings- taking Loki's appreciation of Naomi to heart.

"She is rash and disrespectful," Thor smiled lightly. "But she left her home to save ours without a complaint." Odin surveyed his son carefully, searching for any signs that Thor didn't believe in what he was saying. Finding none, the old man sighed exasperatedly, calling for the royal guards a second time.

"Release the prophet."