18. Bitch

She called the King of Asgard a bitch. It was a strange thought, and it plagued Naomi's mind as they traveled to a more comfortable location. After she let the name 'Goddess of Death' slip, Odin had avoided interrogation by moving the party elsewhere. Currently, the old man was leading them around the hallways of the palace, with his two sons following behind at an awkward distance from each other. Naomi trailed behind, her eyes glued to her phone as she processed the events so far. She knew she was missing out on some fantastic alien architecture, but it had been so long since she scrolled through her photo gallery of Marvel shitposts- her largest album- and she needed a break from everything. From meeting her second prince to cursing out his adoptive father, it had been an interesting day for the regional office worker.

Distraced by a Peter Parker shitpost, she hardly noticed that the two men walking ahead of her were slowly decreasing their pace, leading her to walk straight between them. Flanked by Thor and Loki, the two tried inconspicuously to peer over her shoulder. Of course, Thor was much more obvious about it.

"Pray tell, who is 'Aunt May and Peter?'" Loki spoke out from beside her, successfully scaring Naomi to release a series of mumbled curses as she flinched. Much to her embarrassment, both men found this funny, and shamelessly grinned at her teasingly. Her face flushed for the umpteenth time, Naomi shot a nervous look at Loki before clearing her throat. The close proximity to him was fogging her thoughts- even more so than Thor had.

"Um, well they're- Peter is Tony's kid." She decided, cringing at herself and avoiding their gazes, staring ahead at Odin's back. Much to her relief, Thor let out an 'ah' of revelation, having already been informed of Tony's 'son.'

"Yes, the spider-boy, you've told me of him." He nodded, comforting Naomi out of her disconcerted state. She shot a light smile at him, becoming less and less likely to blush from Thor's words by the second. His brother was stealing the spotlight from him in that category, though unknowingly.

Seeking attention, Loki switched to walking backwards, facing Thor and Naomi with a charismatic smile. His stride managed to stay seemingly effortless even as he switched positions, definitely not helping Naomi's cheeks.

"You seem to know much, my lady." He commented, his tone deceivingly light. Loki cocked his head to the side, raising a brow, "You are a true prophet, then?" Naomi contemplated his question, his curiosity making her suspicious. She believed Loki was a good person, definitely, but he also loved chaos and had no reason to care for her well-being yet.

"Technically, no." She spoke in an overly hushed tone, a shakily secretive smile on her lips. "But don't tell Odin that."

Loki chuckled, his grin creasing his eyes and nearly giving her a heart attack. Naomi's soft spot for him was quickly becoming a health problem.

"Then I look forward to figuring you out." The green-eyed god dipped his head to her before turning around, their party having arrived in a large conference hall. Naomi paid no attention to the glistening gold around her as she thought over Loki's words. It was a strange mixture of an invitation and a threat, something only Loki could achieve and still send her heart into acrobatics. A lightly giddy smile spread onto Naomi's face as she realized it meant she would be talking with Loki more in the future- especially if they were brining him along on the ride.

Unfortunately, she was snapped out of her bliss when Odin cleared his throat, taking a seat at the head of the over-sized table. It might have looked silly to only have four seated where thirty could easily fit- Odin at the head with Thor and Naomi sharing a side, Loki distancing himself from all of them. Meeting eyes with the vexing King pushed away any ditzy thoughts about Loki cluttering her mind.