Chapter 2

Onassis’s Yacht, Greece

Jackie’s Room

Jackie sat on the edge of her bed shaking, she hadn’t realised Jack wasn’t coping. She felt guilty about coming to Greece now to recover, she realised she wanted to be with Jack so they could grieve together.

She slowly got up and started putting stuff into her suitcase, once she’d finished she went to find Ari.

She walked along the corridor of the Christina till she reached his office. She knocked gently and waited till he called come in. As she entered a smile spread across his face. “Ah Jacqueline, how are you?”

“I’m fine thank you Ari.”

“So what can I do for you?”

“I need to go home, I need to be with Jack, it was really nice that you invited me Ari but I want to be with my husband.”

“I understand Jackie and you and President Kennedy will always be welcome.” Ari replied standing up.

“Thank you for everything Ari.” Jackie said as she hugged him.

“You’re welcome; I’ll get a flight sorted for you.”

“Thank you.”

Jackie went back to her room and got her luggage she then made her way to the top deck to where Lee was sun bathing. “Jackie, where are you going?”

“I need to go home to Jack.”

“Don’t listen to them Jackie, you can be yourself you know.”

“Oh no this has nothing to do with his staff telling me what to do.” Jackie replied.

“Then why do you need to go home?”

“I need to be with Jack.”

“Aw ok, I’ll see you when I get back.”

Jackie nodded. “Thank you for arranging this though Lee.”

“You’re welcome.” Lee smiled. “You do know Jack doesn’t deserve you.”

Jackie grinned before handing her luggage to a staff member. Ari soon appeared. “Your boat’s waiting and you’re taking my private plane.”

“Ari that’s really nice but….”

“No buts Jacqueline you deserve the very best.”

Jackie blushed and shook his hand. “Thank you.”

He kissed her cheek. “Have a safe journey home.”

“I will.”

Jackie soon got on to the speed boat with Clint Hill and they headed for Athens Airport.

They made their way through the crowds and to the planes private terminal. Ari’s plane was very Greek and modern but comfortable.

Jackie soon began the ten hour flight back to America.