Chapter 4

Jackie’s Bedroom

Jack was lying on Jackie’s bed propped up on his elbow watching his wife unpack.

“You know bunny you could help me?”

“Yeah.” Jack replied not getting up.

When Jackie finished she sat down beside him. “Jack, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing.”

“Don’t lie to me; I can see it in your eyes.”

Jack sighed as he sat up. “I….I know it’s only been a few months since Patrick….died but I’d like to have another baby.”

Jackie looked at him. “Are you sure? What if something happens?”

“Well I was thinking before we try we should get the doctor to check you over to make sure your body’s well enough.”

“Ok.”

“I mean only if you feel ready.”

“We’re not getting any younger Jack.”

“Well you are in beauty.” Jack teased.

Jackie looked at him. “You’re such a sweet talker.”

Jack grinned as he pulled her into him. She gently rested her head on his chest when she felt Jack kiss her head.

Without thinking she pushed him down on his back and started kissing him. They were making out when there was a knock at the door. Jack got up and walked to the door.

When he opened it, Kenny was standing. “Sir, can we talk out in the hall?”

“Sure.”

Jack followed Kenny into the hall. “What’s wrong?”

“I’m sorry about yesterday we shouldn’t have been so pushy.” Kenny said. “We know you and Jackie have been struggling lately after the death of little Patrick so we’ve been thinking you and Jackie should go away for a while just the two of you.”

“I’m sorry for snapping at you yesterday. You wouldn’t mind if I took time off?”

“No sir, we all understand.”

“Ok, thank you.”

Kenny nodded and quickly headed off.

When Jack joined Jackie he hugged her. “I have to go back to the Oval soon but I’ll see you tonight.”

“Ok bunny, I’ll try and get a doctor’s appointment.”

Jackie kissed her before leaving. Things were slowly beginning to look up.