Chapter 3

The Oval Office

Midday

Jack was sitting reading over a document; he’d been interrupted five times with stupid messages and unimportant information.

He was busy signing his name when there was a knock at the door. “Come in!” Jack exclaimed without looking up.

When he heard the door click shut he looked up. He froze. Jackie.

He stood up and took his glasses off. “J….Jackie, what are you doing here?” Jack asked moving towards her.

Jackie walked towards him and took his hands. Without saying anything she let her lips meet his and they kissed passionately for a few minutes.

When Jackie pulled back she placed her hand on his cheek. “I’m so sorry I left you, I should have realised you weren’t coping.”

Jack hugged her tightly. Jackie wrapped her arms round his neck and buried her head into his shoulder.

“I love you Jackie.”

Jackie rubbed his back. “I love you too.”

“I want to show you something.” Jack said taking her hand. She followed him to the other side of the Oval. Jack pulled a small black box out of his desk and handed it to her.

“Open it.”

Jackie slowly opened the box. She gasped. “Jack it’s beautiful.”

He picked the ring up and gently slid it on her ring finger. “I was going to give you it when Patrick was born but it didn’t feel right.”

“I love it! Thank you.” Jackie exclaimed as she hugged him tightly.

She looked up in to his eyes and kissed him passionately. They accepted each other’s tongues happily and stayed there for ages not breaking away. Jack was moaning very softly when the door opened.

Jack didn’t move or take his eyes of Jackie’s he just held his hand up for the person to leave, which they did.

When Jackie pulled back for breath she rested her head against his. “I’m so sorry I left you Jack, I should have realised you weren’t coping.”

“You’re here that’s all that matter.”

Jackie kissed him again. They were standing still together when the door burst open again. Jack didn’t move his eyes from Jackie’s. “Sir.”

“Not now.”

Kenny backed out of the room.

“Come sit down.” Jack said.

Jackie obliged and sat next to him on the sofa. He wrapped her in his arms and started nuzzling her neck. “Jack?”

“Do you want to talk about anything?”

Jack sat up. “I really miss Patrick it’s not fair he died.”

“I know bunny but he’s with Arabella, looking over us.”

“I suppose you’re right.”

“And I’m here and Caroline and John are here to help you.” Jackie added.

Jack nodded. “I know but I just don’t want to forget about him.”

“We won’t ever Jack, I promise you that.”

Jack kissed her forehead.

“Do you want to come help me unpack?” Jackie asked.

“Sure I could use a break.”

Jackie stood up and took his hand; they made their way to the residence.