II. Living With the Fletchers

"You can change who you love, but you can't change your blood."

Juliet's POV

After my mother's heartbreaking goodbye, I gave her one last hug before grabbing my duffle bag, walking out the front door, and hopping into my distant family's car. The couple sitting in the driver's and passenger's seat of the car seemed like your average British pair. The woman, with long black hair and bright blue eyes, and the man, with fiery auburn hair and faint green eyes.

"I'm your Auntie Helena, it's nice to see you again Juliet!" The woman exclaimed, seeming happier to see me than my own mother most days. My mother's sister smiled at me with pearly whites, and her red lipstick made her stand out. The man, who seemed quiet, introduced himself as Uncle Oliver. He seemed to be a more shy man who kept to himself. As a couple, Helena and Oliver complimented each other.

After meeting my new guardians, I opened the door of the car, hopped inside. and sat down on the old leather seats. They drove away within no time, and that was the last time I had ever seen my mother.

As the engine of the car revved, I plopped my bag down at my feet and was greeted with a shy girl, younger than I, staring right at me, sitting in the car seat next to me. She looked exactly like Aunt Helena, with the bright blue eyes and the long black hair, except her hair was pulled into a tight yet low ponytail. Aunt Helena motioned in the shy girl's direction and whispered, "Zoe, introduce yourself to Juliet."

The shy girl, who looked to be about a year younger than I, cleared her throat and said, "I'm Zoe, nice to meet you, Juliet." Her eyes made contact with mine and then went quickly back down to her feet. "It's nice to meet you too, Zoe," I replied back with a grin, receiving a smile on her end.

"Zoe is our daughter," Uncle Oliver started, "she's your cousin, and she's four years old," he said.

After meeting Zoe, Auntie Helena, and Uncle Oliver, the rest of the car ride was pretty boring. I heard Uncle Oliver blasting 60's music at full volume while driving, Aunt Helena talking about general house rules, and Zoe told me about the new dollhouse she had just received for her fourth birthday. Since I had lived in poverty for my entire life before this, I hadn't had anything to play with other than a corn husk doll that my mother gifted me as a holiday present, as it was the only thing she had the capability of giving me. I pulled out the cornhusk doll from my duffle and showed it to Zoe, who happily said that she'd welcome it in her fancy new dollhouse with all of her other dolls.

I was happy to be moving into a home where I would be able to have access to more than I needed. Auntie Helena and Uncle Oliver appeared to be a somewhat wealthy family, judging by the way that they dress, their car, and that fact that Zoe had just received a fancy new dollhouse for her fourth birthday. But most importantly, I was so incredibly thankful that I could grow up in a home where I didn't have to wonder when my next meal would be, or if we'd have enough money to last through the week. Not that I wouldn't love or miss my mother, I just don't love and won't miss her lifestyle.

Once we arrived at their house, in an ideal neighborhood, Auntie Helena and Uncle Oliver sent Zoe away while they talked with me in private. Auntie Helena said, "Juliet, we know that you're a werewolf and that your family's last name is Greyback, but for your safety, you will now be known as Juliet Fletcher, the same last name as us. I'll be your new mother, and Oliver being your new father, and Zoe, therefore, your sister. I know It'll seem weird at first, but it's for your safety. The only people that know about your origins are Oliver and I, and it must stay that way. Zoe can't even know, okay Juliet?" she said, making it sound like she was talking to someone much older and more sophisticated than I.

So, that was a lot for five years old me to take in at this moment, but thankfully, for the next six years, my new mother and father drilled that speech into my head nearly every single day. And it worked, because today I'm in my seventh year at Hogwarts, and I still haven't told a soul about my lycanthropy or my birth name, not even Zoe.

Over the past six years, Zoe and I have gotten to know each other quite well. Even though I couldn't tell her everything about me, we still became very close, just like sisters. Which is quite ironic, since I guess I am her new sister now.

Anyways, I am about to start my seventh year at Hogwarts, and Zoe her sixth. Our trunks are all packed with clothes, supplies, and anything else we might need this year. Little did I know that the name 'Juliet Fletcher' wasn't enough to cover up my past, my family name, or my condition. As my older brother, Fenrir Greyback used to say, "Once a Greyback, always a Greyback."

After waving goodbye to my new parents, Zoe and I walked through the brick wall and onto platform 9 3/4 with our trunks in hand. After hearing the whistle of the train and the chatter of anxious parents and excited students, I was at ease.

Even though my new family had taken care of me so well for the past 12 years, Hogwarts was where I truly felt at home. My good friends were like a second family to me, and have been at my side since the start of our first year, where we were all sorted into Gryffindor.

While walking and dragging my trunk, I waited by the entrance to the train, looking for my good friends. Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted someone that makes me want to throw up every time I see him: the stuck-up Slytherin, Severus Snape. Better known as Snivellus Snoop. Snape was an absolute kiss-arse who deserved to rot in the very dungeon that is the Slytherin common room. One of my good friends, Lily, used to be close with him, but they still haven't talked in years. Ugh, I'd rather face the Whomping Willow than go on a date with that sad excuse for a wizard. I tried my best to refrain from eye contact, as I knew he felt the same way about me as I did for him.

While turning my face around from Snape's view, I saw a tall boy, with relatively long black hair, wearing Gryffindor robes. He looked somewhat confused, and kind of lost. But the moment I saw him, I knew exactly who it was.

"Black!" I yelled in excitement as I walked towards where he was standing. He turned around and gave me a huge hug out of joy. it was so great to finally see one of my good friends again.

"Juliet!" he shouted back, "It's so good to see you!" he said as we both released from the hug.

The tall teenage boy with the black hair gave me a, "I miss you so much" smile as I saw him, giving me a flashback from the day in which we first met.

I have known Sirius Black from the moment that I stepped onto the Hogwarts Express my first year. He invited me to sit with him when no other spot was open, and since then we've been great friends. He likes to pull pranks and get into trouble with my other close friend, James Potter. Sometimes I help them, as I love getting caught up in mischief every now and then. He's the one that I've always gone to with problems that I couldn't talk to girls about, and he's come to me with his problems that he couldn't talk to guys about, and we were able to understand each other. Sirius may look like a tough guy from the outside, but he really is a caring person who I'm proud to call one of my greatest friends.

"Have you seen any of the others? I've been waiting for them right here for a while." I questioned Sirius. He brushed back his long black hair and replied with, "Oh yeah, they all got a room on the train already. I just decided to come out a look for you since everyone else is already here." he said.

So then I parted ways with Zoe, who went to chat with her other friends and followed Sirius onto the train and into one of the first rooms. As soon as the door opened, so did my eyes, and a smile rose to my face. There were all of my beloved friends, sitting together. And oh boy, were they a sight for sore eyes.

Word Count: 1538