VI. Moony's Shrieking Shack

"It takes a true friend to help you when you're in a vulnerable state."

Juliet's POV

I woke up to the sound of clatter, my hair covering my face and my only thought in my head was hoping that the Wolfsbane potion worked in time and that I didn't hurt anyone or destroy anything.

But as soon as I was fully awake, I realized that there was a bigger problem. I wasn't outside, laying next to a tree on top of the snow, I was in a house. A beat-up small house with barely enough space for a single person to live.

But being in a house wasn't my only concern. I was in a house, on a couch, with a blanket covering me. I was so confused. How did I end up inside this house, better yet laying in a couch with a blanket over me? I let my mind wander until I heard another noise coming from the next room.

My heart skipped a beat, I sat up and realized that I had nothing. Underneath this blanket I was naked, and I didn't have any of my possessions with me. I was defenseless against whoever was behind that door. I just hope it wasn't an enemy. My heart heavily beat as the only door to the room started to turn, and a silhouette appears in the opening.

And to my surprise, it was none other than Remus Lupin.

"I see you've woken up, that's good," he said. A blanket was wrapped around his waist and he was shirtless yet again. Oh my-

Remus walked over to a chair next to the couch that I was on and sat down. I was shocked, speechless, and confused.

"Juliet, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm okay Remus. I'm just confused."

"Well, about an hour ago, I found you at the doorstep of this shack, asleep." he started, and I kept giving him confused looks.

"You found me? Outside of this house?"

"Yeah," he stuttered, "Your skin felt cold, so I wrapped you in a blanket and carried you inside. Since then I've been waiting for you to wake up, to see, you know, if you were okay." His eyes drifted from me to the floor, now looking at his feet.

"Remus you didn't," I asked worried, "see anything, did you?" I said, wrapping the wool blanket closer to my body, and implying a certain question that both of us were able to understand.

He quickly shook his head and stuttered, "N-n-no, I covered you with the blanket as soon as I found you. I didn't see anything."

Well, that's good. Glad we cleared that up.

Anyways, I'm concerned that Remus saw me in my werewolf state, and knows now. I just hope he doesn't.

"How did you come upon this shack, Juliet?" Remus asked me. I stuttered until I could come up with an excuse, but Remus didn't buy whatever I said. But soon his facial expressed changed, and he looked as if he could understand.

"Oh, I get it," he said, "You must've forgotten to take your potion last night."

What? Did Remus just say what I think he said? Has he known after all this time?

"Sorry?" I asked for clarification, nearly choking on my own spit.

"Your Wolfsbane Potion. You forgot to take it last night, didn't you?" Remus said again, with complete clarity, assuming it was in any way normal to be taking a Wolfsbane Potion.