XI. The Return of Fenrir Greyback

"You can change who you love, but you can't change your blood."

Juliet's POV

I woke up inside a dusty house, which looked like it hadn't been cleaned in over a decade. I was dressed in a ratty sweatshirt and sweatpants, neither of which I had ever seen before. I looked and my hands to see that I was human again and regained my sanity, but I saw through one of the windows of the room that it was still dark outside. How could the full moon be and I still a human? This didn't make any sense!

Suddenly I remember that once I had transformed into a werewolf, someone unknown to me stunned me. Now I was here. I didn't know where I was or what time it was; all I knew is that I needed to get the hell out of here and back to Hogwarts.

I got up from the couch that I was set down on and heard a woman's voice screaming from another room. "Juliet!" the woman cried. Bloody hell, it was just like my dream.

And suddenly my mother came into the room in the same context that she had in my dream, with a man holding a knife to her throat. I tried to help her, but I couldn't move my feet. But that wasn't the main thing that caught me off guard. It was the man who was holding the knife to my mother's throat. It wasn't just any man, it was my brother.

"Let her go, Fenrir!" I called out to the strong man overpowering my weak birth mother.

"No, 'I missed you Fenrir,' or 'How are you doing Fenrir?'" he bickered back evilly. "I haven't seen you in ages, Juliet," he sarcastically replied while my birth mother perished.

"Let her go."

"And why would I ever do that?" he said maniacally and rhetorically, trying to tease me. "Why would I let her go if holding her will get me my way?"

"Get your way?" I asked, confused.

"Why yes," he enthusiastically said, "You'll do anything to save the life of your dear old mother, right?"

"Don't listen to him, Juliet. Leave as soon as you can," my mother called out from her perishable state, causing Fenrir to tighten his grip on her. "Shut it, Isola," he shouted back at my poor mother. Fenrir quickly turned back in my direction and repeated what he had initially asked me: whether I'd do anything to save the life of my birth mother. I mean, even though she did abandon me, she still is my mother. I can't just let her die due to my brother and his savage ways.

"Yes," I replied back to the angsty man. My heart was beating faster than ever and I just wanted to leave this wretched place. I had no idea what Fenrir wanted me to do, or why he couldn't just do it himself. I was terrified, but also confused.

"W-What is it I have to do to s-save mother?" I said, stuttering as I spoke out of nervousness.

"Since I am a werewolf, my sole goal is to infect as many people possibly with lycanthropy as possible. We could dominate the wizarding world, and I can't do it by myself. I'll do it with the help of my little sissy by my side," he proudly stated, expecting me to be completely on board with his plan.

First of all, I would wish this horrible disease onto absolutely no one at all, and it's effects are unbearable to anyone with it, even if they become used to it as I have. Second of all, I could never inflict this among anyone! How savage must I become in order to fall to this! I can't possibly do this!

"Are you insane?" I shouted, "I could never resort to that savagery!"

"Well unless you want to see mother's blood spill across the floor..."

"No!"

"I'm afraid you haven't got much of a choice deary," he called back to me. He continued to ramble on about how infecting as many people as possible with lycanthropy could help the werewolf race overpower and control the wizarding world, but I had absolutely no interest in inflicting this burden among people. While he was talking, I zoned out slightly and tried to feel around my body to see if my wand was anywhere on me. And unfortunately, it wasn't.

"If you don't do what I say, I won't be civil. You'll be punished."

But I didn't want to listen to my brother and broke eye contact with him as I looked around the room. My eyes caught a cylindrical wooden stick on the floor which was only inches away from my feet. My mother's wand! I knew I had recognized it!

While Fenrir rambled on and I tuned him out, I told myself that I would reach down and grab my mother's wand and stun my brother while he wasn't paying attention to me. As nervous as I was, there was a rush of adrenaline through my body and within three seconds, I quickly picked up the wand and returned back to my previous position.

"Stupefy!" I called out, but Fenrir was one step ahead of me and blocked my spell with his own wand.

"You think you're clever don't you?" he smirked at me. I didn't reply but held out my wand, ready to defend anything that Fenrir would cast. But what he did I had no way of stopping.

"Imperio!" he called out, blasting me to the floor with a yellowish-green light coming from his wand.

Suddenly I felt a wave of calmness rush over me, and all of my worries went away. I slowly rose to my feet in a daze, my head feeling slightly fuzzy as I stood. I had a wonderful feeling of release come from my body, and I felt free of any and all responsibility. It was as if every thought and worry inside my head was melted and wipe away from existence, leaving only eternal happiness left.

I could hear my mother cry out, "No!" but what was there to yell about? Nothing was wrong!

I looked up and saw my brother smiling at me. Oh, my lovely brother! My master! How great it was to see him again, it has felt like forever. I smiled back at my dear brother, who was still holding my mother. He led me over to one of the couches in the room and I sat down, still smiling.

I looked out the window of the house and saw the Shrieking Shack in the distance, followed by Hogsmeade on the horizon. Oh, what a wonderful day it was!

Word Count: 1122

a/n: oof we've got a double whammy here with fenrir's arrival and the imperius curse... juliet's in for a hell of a ride