002

"namjoon..." he turns to her with a stern look, it instantly softened when he saw her scared expression.

"hey, it's okay." he pulls her into his chest, holding her tight while she takes deep breaths.

he lingers, his hands roaming over her body as he caresses her, she could feel his breath next to her ear. she pushed him away with a stank face.

his eyes bore holes into her skin, nala squirmed under the taller male's gaze.

"sorry!" he laughed, scratching the back of his neck, he gives her a small smile as he reaches over to pat her head.

"hello namjoon." a stern voice comes from out of nowhere as a large hand yanks nala backwards and onto the ground harshly.

"h-hey!" namjoon tries to shove the man only to have a hand wrapped firmly around his neck. "n-nal-

nala watched from the pavement as the figure brought his thumb to his lip and bit down on it, drawing blood.

"pl-please." namjoon has such a worried look on his face as he pleaded, trying to turn out of the man's grasp.

the figure shoves the bloody thumb in namjoon's face. namjoon whimpers, before those whimpers turned into growls, long fangs grow from his mouth as his eyes turn a dark red, he looks at nala who was frozen in fear.

"i wasn't gonna drink her blood." namjoon sighs, his eyes still trained on the shaken girl, "just leave us alone."

namjoon?

"i've never directed my bloodlust at her." namjoon shook his head with his hands held up in surrender.

"of course not." the figure chuckled, "you turned your bloodlust on the three other random woman you raped and murdered."

nala's eyes widened as she watched the scene in front of her, her eyes trained on the back of the mysterious boy. the boy that's been following her, specifically namjoon.

her best friend is a vampire.

her best friend is a murderer.

a loud growl emits from namjoon's throat as he shoves the younger male back. "that wasn't me!"

"your semen was found at each crime scene." the boy said nonchalantly. "it had a dna match."

"don't s-say such things in front a girl!" namjoon shouts, gripping at the younger throat, only to be flying backwards, clutching at his nose in pain.

jeongguk shook out his fist before fixing his earphones and looking back at nala, who was still on the ground.

"leave her alone!" namjoon shouts.

"stop trying to act all hero-like in front of your girl." jeongguk laughs, "we both know sooner or later that you would have done the same thing to her that you did to the other women."

namjoon looks over at her statue-like form, a tear rolling from his eye.

"i would never hurt her," namjoon sighs, standing from his spot on the ground, blood dripping from his nose. "i've been taking sedatives to help me."

"sedatives don't always work, vampires and humans can't be together."

"whatever jeon!"

nala's ears perked up, jeon? that's his name?

"it's better if you let me arrest you know." the younger says, checking the time on his phone.

while he was off guard, namjoon takes the chance to lunge toward the man, his arm curled back, ready to strike.

nala couldn't seem to tear her eyes away, waiting to see what namjoon would do.

the tall male suddenly stopped in his tracks, mumbling incoherent words before his eyes rolled back into his head. nala watched him fall down like a tree. she also noticed the needle that stuck out from his leg.

"i'm sorry." namjoon turns to her, his eyes now back to their normal brown. "i l-

his eyes slowly close as his body goes limp.

"n-namjoon!" nala tries her best to stand up, only to fall back down, she looked like a baby deer trying to walk for the first time.

"he's not dead i just tranquilized him, he's fine." the figure still had his back towards her, he slowly faced the shaken girl, eyeing her up and down, "can you walk?"

nala shook her head, wiping at her cheeks.

he hummed, bringing his cell phone to his ear.

"this is jeongguk, i have the suspect, i tranq-ed  him." he peeked at nala from the corner of his eye. "come get him, i have something to do."

and with that he hung up the phone.

he walked over to her slowly, giving her the most genuine smile he could muster. "let's get you home."

_____