{5 - The Secret's Out}

It was now Kou's turn to see if he can become Adam. First thing in the morning, he gathered some red roses and took them to Yui. 

Yui was talking to Eve as she was in her bedroom. She was thanking Eve for all that she's done so far. "I really want to know how you know these brothers. If you don't mind me asking that is." Yui speaks to Eve. 

Eve was sitting on Yui's bed, humming to herself with a frown on her face. She looks at Yui and nods her head, telling her that she will answer her. 

"During your time here, I was able to look at their memories. But when they were human, that's a different story. I'm not sure how it's possible, but I just happen to see what they use to be. If that makes any sense to you." 

"It does in a way." Yui replies. 

Eve frowns once more, knowing that one of the Mukami brothers will come to her room. Her body fades, like a ghost, so that Yui will be the only one to see her. 

"Good morning, Masco-Kitty!" Kou greets as he enters into the room. 

"Kou? What are you doing he-" Yui was cut off when Kou showed her a bouquet of red roses. 

"For you! To symbolize our friendship." Kou tells her, smiling at her. 

"Oh, thank you." Yui takes the flowers, sniffing them with a soft smile. "They smell very nice."

"Good! So, I have a question to ask you." 

"Huh? What is it?" 

"Yuma-kun said he saw something with you when he tried to get a little taste of you. He said he saw a girl with white hair, looking all depressed. . . You don't have to happen to know anything about that, would you?" Kou smirks, leaning close to Yui. 

"I-I don't. I don't know what you mean by that?" Yui stutters as she takes a step back. She didn't want to give away Eve because she's been so nice to her and she considered her as a friend. It would be bad if Yui sold her out. 

"I think you do know. But, if you don't really know, then I guess it's okay for me to have a drink! It's the least you can do after I gave you such a lovely gift." 

"W-What?" 

Before Yui could process what was going on, Kou had grabbed her and pinned her on the floor. Eve frowned at this and sighed, knowing that she will have to step in and stop this. 

But in a way, she didn't want to go anywhere near Kou because she feared that she will see his past, just like how she saw Azusa's and Yuma's past when they were human. She didn't want to witness another past just so she can feel sorry for them. 

'I shouldn't be feeling pity for these vampires. That's not who I am. . .' Eve thought. Suddenly, her head started to spin and throb. She didn't realize that Kou had already bitten Yui, drinking her blood. 

The first brother to drink her blood. 

Because Eve was distracted with her own thoughts, she didn't realize that the blonde vampire was taking the human girl's blood. 

"Yui!" Eve screamed, worrying about Yui. But it was too late. Eve felt herself being drawn close to Kou, making her body visible to Kou. 

She appeared above Yui as she held her head, grunting in agony. Kou pulls away and gasps when he sees the girl. 

"No way. . . Yuma-kun was right." Kou talks to himself. He admired the girl's beauty, feeling her presence, almost like he could reach out and touch her. 

Eve looks at Kou with eyes widen in shock. She knows that he can see her. Just to hide herself from the vampire, hiding somewhere within the house. 

After Kou had left, Yui woke up with her head on Eve's lap. She was sitting on her knees while frowning at Yui. "Eve? What's wrong?" Yui asked her. 

Eve didn't answer. All she did was stare at the girl. "I'm sorry, Yui. . . I really am." She finally speaks. 

"What do you mean?" 

Eve couldn't say anything else. She was so upset, yet she didn't care. Kou had taken her blood, and now he saw her. He's probably telling his brothers right now. 

"Yui, the brothers might take you to school with them tomorrow. . . If possible, when you see one of the Sakamaki brothers, stay with them." 

"Huh? What will you do?" 

"Don't worry about that. . . for now, get some rest, or walk around the house for a bit." 

"Where are you going?" Yui sits up from Eve's lap. 

"Somewhere." Is all the girl said before fading out of Yui's sight. 

She returned to the Sakamaki Household and sat on the couch, sighing lowly to herself. "Back again, I see." Shuu says, lying on another couch. 

Eve slowly turns her head to Shuu, but doesn't say a word. 

"You're more gloomy than usual. Is something wrong?" Shuu questions. 

"If I told you, would you even care?" Eve whispers. 

"Not really. But you're here for a reason, other than the fact you're telling us what's been going on with our food."

"Then what would be the point in telling you? Why ask the question?" 

"To get an answer." 

"You're weird for a vampire. . ." Eve smiles a bit, then walks over to him. "If you really want to know, I can tell you." She kneels beside him. "But only if you do something for me." 

Before Eve could say anything else, Shuu took a strand of her hair and brought it to his nose, taking in her scent. Eve blinks at this, wondering why he's doing this, until he says, "You have an intoxicating scent. You're not really human, are you?" Shuu looks at her. 

"Weird, but smart. . . You're right, I'm not even human to begin with. I never was." Eve smiles a bit more. "Shuu-san. . . Would you mind taking my blood?" 

"Hm?" Shuu looks at her suspiciously. 

"I want you to take my blood. Please." Without hesitation, Shuu grabs Eve and pulls her on his lap, removing some of her hair away from her neck, then biting down on her neck. 

Eve wasn't phased by this at all. She did not flinch, cry out, or grunt. Her hair covered her eyes as she let the eldest Sakamaki brother drink her blood. 

Shuu's eyes widen at the sweet taste of her blood. "Oh, my god. . . Your blood. . ." Shuu whispers as he pulls away. "It' so sweet. . ." He looks at Eve with shocked eyes as she smirks. 

"You're a. . ." 

Eve giggles and cups Shuu's face with her hands, bringing her face closer to hers. "Did my blood taste that good to you?~ Do you understand what I am now?" Eve smirks as she gets off his lap and stands in front of him. "I'm a Banshee, Shuu-san."  

Meanwhile, with the Mukami's, Kou had told his brothers that she too had seen the girl with white hair. Yuma wasn't making it up. "What you're saying is that we have the wrong girl?" Ruki asks Kou. 

"I don't know for sure." Kou shrugs his shoulders. 

"Maybe she is, maybe she's not. I wanna know why the hell that girl showed up out of nowhere like some ghost!" Yuma glares.

"Maybe. . .because. . .she is hiding from us. . . or has a special bond with Yui. . ." Azusa assumed. 

"But why though?" Kou asks. 

Ruki closes his book then turns to his brothers with a strange look in his eyes. Gathering the pieces together, of what's happened so far, he came to a realization, saying, "Because that girl. . .is the real Eve." 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------