{11- I'm Tired Of Getting Hurt. . .}

Azusa brought me back to the Mukami household and the whole place was a mess. Blood was everywhere, the furniture was torn, and the window was shattered. 

No doubt about it that a fight went on. 

Azusa took me to Ruki's bedroom and the rest of the brothers were there. I walk over to Ruki and see that he's unconscious with his chest covered in bandages. 

"What happened?" I asked while still looking at Ruki. 

"He. . .protected me. . ." Azusa explained. 

"From what?" I glance at him. 

"Wolves. It happened all so sudden. . . We were ambushed." Yuma explained the whole story. 

So, they were attacked by wolves for no reason? It doesn't make any sense. "Can't you heal him or anything?" Kou questions me, and I shake my head no. 

"I can't do anything to help him at this point. All we can do is wait until his wounds are healed." I sigh a bit and leave the room, then head to the living room. 

The night was long and all of us were just sitting on the couches and chairs while we waited for something to happen. "You know. . . Ruki-kun has been acting weird lately. He's been under a lot of pressure. . ." Yuma tells me. 

"Weird how?" I look at Yuma. 

"About Adam's Apple. . ." Kou frowns. "It's when one of us awakens to become Adam, and to do that we need-" 

"My blood." I finish Kou's sentence. "I'm aware of that. You made a deal with Karlheinz, and he made a deal with my father. I know how the Project works." 

"You know the guy?!" 

"How could I not? My father and him are allies." I close my eyes and frown. "Him and my father have known each other for centuries. I am the daughter of the Demon Lord. I have to follow his orders or else I will be punished. Yet, that doesn't explain why Ruki has been acting weird, in your words." 

"It's because he's feeling no sign of the awakening. We haven't been drinking your blood that often, but with your blood, it shouldn't take long."

"That's because I haven't chosen my Adam yet." I open my eyes, but the frown is still on my face. "It's not easy choosing an Adam after all that's happened. You're only doing this because of the agreement you made with Karlheinz and my father. I'm just some livestock to all of you. . ." 

I hold back the tears from crying as the memories of them taking my blood, and my father punishing me. "But, you can't blame him. We suffered our whole lives." Yuma frowns a bit. 

"Without Ruki. . . We would have been dead. But we stuck together like brothers. . . We all had good times with Ruki. . ." Azusa adds. 

This only proves that they use to be human when they were younger. But, do they expect me to feel sorry for them just because they lived harsh lives? I lived a harsh life as well. 

I had to be quiet. I had to follow, and obey the orders that were given to me. I was punished many times just to prove the fact that I am a Banshee. I was beaten so many times whenever I talked back to my father. And the only way I could cope with it was to smile. 

Smile through everything. Pretend that everything is alright until the very end. I would laugh, smile, giggle, and dance around just to express how I was feeling. 

That was when I created my own tree, and made it my safe place. That tree is connected to me, however, any demon can destroy just by the snap of their fingers. And by any demon, I mean my father.