{9 - Love In Plain Sight}

"Why? . . . Why is my tree withering away. . . ?" I ask myself as I stand in front of it. No. It can't be. . . What's going on? 

"Eve? Are you okay?" I wake up to the sound of my name being called. When I open my eyes, Yui is sitting on the bed that I'm lying on. 

"Yui? What's going on? Where am I?" I ask her as I sit up from the bed. But then I suddenly remember. I was locked in the basement, where Ruki had put me in, then Subaru-san appeared and took me back. But why? 

"You're in my room right now. Subaru-kun brought you here. Don't you remember?" Yui tells me as she rests her hand on my shoulder. "Are you okay? I've been so worried about you." She frowns. 

"Why be worried? I thought giving myself up to the Mukami brothers, so that you can return to the Sakamaki brothers, was the right thing. You shouldn't be worried. I chose to give myself up." 

"But your smiles were fake, Eve. . . I could tell." Yui frowns again. "All this time you've been hiding your pain. Why is that?" 

"Yui," I sigh. "I'm going to tell you something, but I don't want you to be afraid of me. Please, don't run away if I tell you." I stare at her for an answer. 

"I won't." She nods her head. 

"The truth is I am a demon called a Banshee. A female being who screeches, hurting the ears of any creature. Humans, vampires, you name it. That's why I've been talking in a low voice all this time. But the Mukami need my blood in order to become Adam. Once they become Adam, they will turn into something stronger than a vampire. Yet, I didn't want any of them to become Adam because I would end up being with them forever. . . They don't love me for who I am. . . They don't even care about me. All they want is my blood. . ." 

"Oh, Eve. . . Why didn't you tell me?" Yui hugs me. 

"Because I didn't want you to get involved. This was my battle and I had to fight it alone. And besides, he wouldn't want the project to become a failure. . ." 

"He? Who's he?" Yui pulls away and gives me a worried look. 

"My father. . . The Demon Lord. He, and somebody else, takes part in this project we have going. I have no say it in because I am merely just the daughter of a Demon King. I must follow and obey my father's commands or else I will be punished. . ." 

"Am I interrupting something?" Yui gasps when Reiji-san had appeared in the room. We both look at him with his arms folded over his chest. 

"Reiji-kun! What are you doing here?" Yui asks him. 

"There is something I need to discuss with her." Reiji-san then looks at me and says, "Come to the living room immediately please." 

"Okay." I nod my head and get out of bed. 

Yui and I go to the living room. Reiji--san is sitting in a chair with one leg crossed over the other. I take a seat in a chair across from him and Yui stands next to me. "Can you tell me what went on in that house with the other brothers?" Reiji-san asks me. 

"Simple. They just wanted my blood to be awakened. I am called Eve for a reason, despite what my father has named me." 

"Your father?" Reiji-san looks at me curiously. 

"The Demon King, and I am his one and only daughter. A Banshee to be exact. I do not care who my mother was. My father is all I have in this life of mine. "I close my eyes a bit before opening them again. 

"Yes, Shuu has mentioned that before. You told him you were a Banshee when you were offering your blood to him." He recalls before chuckling. "And they those brothers keep calling themselves Adam, right?"