Kidnapped Part 2- Mitch Rapp

Mitch's POV

I quickly jogged up the stairs, eager to see Y/N. When I got to our apartment, I grabbed my keys out of my backpack. I was about to unlock the door when I noticed the door was already unlocked. My eyes narrowed when I saw that the door was actually open.

I dropped my bags and grabbed my gun. With one hand, I slowly pushed the door open. "Y/N?" I called out.

My instincts kicked in as I raised my gun and walked through the apartment. Part of me wanted to yell, hoping Y/N would hear me, but the trained part of me knew that would be a dumbass thing to do.

I took deep breaths, trying to remain calm as I walked in and out of every room, no sign of Y/N.

I walked past the front door when suddenly I slipped on something. I leaned down and picked up a white rag. The minute I grabbed it, I could smell the chloroform.

I felt like someone had punched me in the gut when I realized my worst nightmare had come true.

Y/N had been kidnapped.

I sat down on the couch, put my gun on the coffee table and ran my hands through my hair. I bit my lip as the tears started to form.

This was my fault.

I wasn't here to protect her and, because of that, someone took her. Someone took Y/N because of my job. She could be hurt, or worse, because of me.

I angrily slammed my fists down on the coffee table and stood up, pulling my phone from my back pocket.

"What?"

"Hurley, I need your help. I walked into my apartment and Y/N was gone. Just gone. I looked through the whole place and there was no sign of her. She wouldn't just leave. She knew I was on my way home. Then I found a cloth with chloroform on it. Someone took her! Stan, I know you always say don't make it personal, but someone already did that by taking Y/N. We have to find her."

"Kid," he said, cutting me off. "Breathe."

"I can't," I said, running my hand through my hair. "Someone took Y/N."

"Alright," I heard him sigh. "Listen, everything is going to be okay. We will find her. Do you have any idea who might have taken her?"

"I don't know," I said as I stood up and started pacing. "It could be anyone. I mean, Hurley, I've pissed off a lot of people. Any one of them could have it out for me."

"Yeah yeah," Hurley sighed. "But who knew you had a fiancé? Who knew about Y/N?"

I stopped pacing and thought about what he said. Suddenly it dawned on me. Only one person could possibly have known about Y/N.

"Son of a bitch!"