Hey Bartender-Dylan O'Brien

Being a female bartender in LA always leads to an interesting night. And by interesting I mean annoying. Sober guys flirt with me hoping to get free beer while drunk guys flirt with me hoping to get in my pants.

Not to mention the fact that the bar I work at is a popular actor hotspot.

To try and keep the drunk and sober guys away from me, I wear a fake engagement ring on my finger. It doesn't work all the time, but it does make a bigger difference wearing it then not wearing it.

I looked up and smiled when I saw Dylan O'Brien walking into the bar.

"Hey Dyl," I greeted as I wiped down the counter.

"Hey," he sighed as he plopped himself down on the barstool in front of me. Without having to ask, I knew what had him so sighy. For weeks, him and his girlfriend have been fighting.

"How's the girlfriend?" I asked gently.

"Not the 'girlfriend' anymore," he sighed.

My heart sank as I watched him run his hands through his hair, rubbing his face. I turned around, grabbed Dyl's signature drink and placed it on the counter in front of him. He looked at the drink before looking up at me.

"On the house," I smiled before turning around and helping another customer who came up to the bar.

* * * * *

Throughout the whole night, Dylan sat in his same spot, not moving. I sighed as I started making his fifth drink of the night. The second I handed it to him, he threw his head back and downed the whole thing.

"Dyl," I sighed, biting my lip.

"I don't get it," he slurred. "We spent so many years together and one day she just decides she doesn't want to be together anymore. No explanation just pfft. I mean. . . Am I not a good person?"

My heart sank as he looked up at me. "Am I a terrible person, Y/N? I mean, you would tell me if I was a dick, right?"

"You're not a dick, Dylan." I sighed as I dried off a cup and put it away.

"I tried to be a good boyfriend. I made time for her. I supported her crazy filming schedule, while working my own. I mean. . . I may not have always been there, but I did the best I could."

"I know you did," I said gently as I reached across the counter and put my hand on top of his wrist. He put his other hand on my hand, moving it so our fingers were intertwined.

"What's wrong with me?" He asked, his voice breaking. I gave his hand a tight squeeze as I sighed sadly at the drunk heartbroken boy in front of me.

"There is nothing wrong with you, Dylan. Believe me. I see a lot of men walk through this bar and none of them are half as sweet as you. Every single one of them flirt and pretend to be my friend just to get in my pants. You don't. You are the first and only guy who has ever made an effort to be my friend."

He looked down at my hand before placing his over mine. "Guys are assholes," he mumbled.

"Yeah, well," I shrugged. "Girls aren't much better."

"You are," he said looking up at me with soft eyes. "You're so much better than. . .everyone."

"I wouldn't say that," I said, my cheeks burning.

"I would," he corrected. "You're fiancé is one lucky son of a bitch." He looked at my ring, running his thumb over it.

For the first time since I put the fake ring on my finger, I felt guilty for lying. I opened my mouth ready to tell him the truth when Anthony, my boss, yelled my name.

"Y/N, Tanner said he could fill in for Jack so you don't have to," he said before walking back to his office.

"Thanks Anthony," I yelled, clearing my throat.

"Wanna join me?" Dylan asked, instantly.

I looked down as his empty cup and bit my lip. "I think I should actually get you a cab, Dyl. You've had a lot to drink."

"Fine," he grumbled. "Party pooper." I smiled when he spit his tongue out at me.

"Dyl, if you can stand up and not wobble, I will stay and have a drink with you."

"I can do that," he scoffed. I quickly walked around the bar and stood behind him. I crossed my arms against my chest as Dylan stood up. "See," he said, turning around and smirking at me.

I took two steps away from him and gestured for him to walk towards me. "Now, take a step towards me."

He sent me a look before taking a step towards me. I laughed when I had to reach forward and grab his waist to help steady him. "Yep," I said popping the 'p'. "Steady as a rock."

"You know what Y/N," he slurred as I put his arm around my shoulders and led him out of the bar. "You're a punk."

"A punk?" I laughed. "Really? That's the best you can come up with?"

"Well," he elongated. "I didn't want to be mean. You're pretty much my only friend."

"What do you mean 'only friend'? What about Tyler and the rest of the Teen Wolf cast?"

"Sure," he shrugged as we walked outside, heading towards my car. "They're my friends, but only because we work together. You're the only person who became my best friend naturally."

"Whatever you say, Stilinski," I laughed as I unlocked the door. "Watch your head," I said as I helped him into my car.

As we drove away, I decided to head to my house so I could keep an eye on Dylan (considering the fact that I don't know where he lives). I pulled into the driveway of my townhouse and took a deep breath as I looked over and saw Dylan asleep.

I sighed as I took off my seatbelt, got out of the car and opened his door. I knelt down so we were face-to-face. I brushed his bangs out of his face as I gently woke him up.

"Dylan," I whispered. "I'm gonna need your help. I can't carry you on my own."

I smiled when his face scrunched as he woke up. His eyes fluttered open and his eyebrows furrowed when he focused on me.

"Y/N?"

"Morning, Sleeping Beauty." I laughed.

"Where are we?" He grumbled as he sat up and rubbed his eyes.

"My house."

He looked out the front window before slowly looking at me. I laughed when I saw his nervous expression. "Relax. I didn't bring you here for that."

"Then why did you bring me here?"

"Because you are completely trashed and I didn't want to leave you alone," I said ignoring the way he was looking at me and the redness on my cheeks.

"Come on," I said, clearing my throat. "Let's get you inside."

Dylan shakily got out of the car, laughing when I had to keep him from falling. "Jeez," he laughed. "Here I was thinking I could hold my alcohol."

"You can," I said as I helped him to the door. "But you had a lot."

I leaned him against the wall as I reached for my keys. I was about to unlock the door when Dylan reached over and grabbed my hand, stopping me.

"You really are an amazing woman, Y/N." Dylan said so softly it gave me chills. I bit my lip as he reached up and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear, his hand lingering on my cheek.

"You're drunk," I laughed awkwardly.

"Not that drunk," he whispered as he leaned in and pressed his lips to mine.

Part 2 Coming Soon