Saving The Preacher's Daughter-Sam Taylor

Trigger Warning: rape, violence

Sam's POV

I walked around the strange town, trying to wrap my head around the fact that I went back in time. As I was walking past something that looked like an old western bar, I thought I heard someone whimper. I looked around and was about to walk away when I heard the whimper turn into a muffled scream.

I picked up my pace and rounded the corner, freezing when I saw a man pressing a woman against the side of the building. My eyes widened when I saw the man tare the woman's bodice open. Without a second thought, I ran towards them.

"Hey!" I yelled. I grabbed the guy by his shoulders and tore him off the woman. My heart sank when I saw the woman cower away from me. I sent her a soft smile before turning around and putting myself between them.

"Move," the guy slurred.

"No." I held my ground, not moving away from the woman who was silently sobbing.

"Move," the guy warned again.

"I'm not moving until you leave this woman alone."

"I don't think you understand," the drunk guy laughed. "She's mine."

"How the hell is she yours?" I scoffed.

"That," the man said as he pointed at her, "is my fiancé."

I looked over my shoulder at the shaking woman. With tears in her eyes, the woman nodded.

"Then you definitely shouldn't treat her like that," I said through my teeth as I turned back towards him. "I don't know what you call it here, but where I'm from, forcing yourself onto a woman without her consent is called rape. Even if the woman is your fiancé."

I saw the anger in the man's face before I saw his fist coming at me. I gasped when his fist connected with my jaw. I chuckled as I stood back up and rolled my shoulders. I instantly hit him back.

Soon, I was in a fist-fight with this random drunk guy. As he fought, he stumbled into the street. Suddenly, we were pulled apart.

"What the hell is going on here?" The sheriff yelled.

"He just attacked me," the guy stuttered.

"What?" I scoffed as I tore away from the guys holding me. "He was raping her!"

Everyone froze, staring at me like I was crazy. "Who was he raping?" The sheriff asked.

"I don't know," I stuttered. "She's over there." I pointed towards the alleyway. Right as everyone looked where I was pointing, the woman I saved limped out of the alleyway and leaned against the building. 

The sheriff looked between me and the guy before jogging over to her. After whispering to her, the sheriff led her out of the alley with his arms wrapped around the girl.

"Y/N?"

I turned around to see an older man running towards the woman I saved. She started sobbing as she ran into the man's arms.

"Daddy," I heard her sob.

"It's alright, baby," he soothed. He pulled out of the hug and quickly took off his coat and put it on her, covering her torn dress.

"Is this true, Miss Y/N?" The sheriff asked as he walked over. "Did this man save you from Mike. . .raping you?"

Y/N looked over at me, tears still streaming down her cheeks. She took in a shaky breath as she nodded.

That is all it took for the sheriff to grab Mike and drag him down the street. I turned towards Y/N right as her father draped his arm over her shoulders and escorted her away from the crowd.

"Who was that?" I asked under my breath.

"Father Hawkins," a guy scoffed. The guy laughed as he patted me on the back. "Congratulations, new guy. You just saved the preacher's daughter from being raped by her fiancé."

* * * * *

A couple of days later, I hesitated outside the preacher's house. I gathered my courage and knocked. I held my breath as I waited for them to answer. My breath got stuck in my throat when Y/N answered the door.

"You," she said, her voice soft.

"Hi," I smiled, chuckling awkwardly. "Umm, I'm Sam."

"You saved me from Mike," she said, looking down at her feet. She took a shaky breath before slowly looking up at me. "Thank you. You didn't have to. . ."

"He was raping you," I cut her off. "Of course I had to. Any decent man would've. . ."

I stopped talking when I saw the look on her face. "I'm sorry," I whispered. "Are you alright?"

"I'm. . . I'm okay," she stuttered. She bit her lip, hesitating something. When she finally gathered the courage, she looked up and asked, "Would you like to come in? I just made a fresh batch of lemonade."

I smiled and nodded as I followed her inside. We walked into her kitchen and I sat down as she poured us two cups.

"So," I said as she sat down across from me. "Are you really doing okay?"

Y/N sighed as she avoided eye contact. "Not really," she whispered. "I mean, I have to act like it because my father is the town's preacher but. . . I was raped by my fiancé."

I hesitated before reaching across the table and grabbing her hand. She sucked in a breath before relaxing and intertwining our fingers.

"Thank you," she whispered, still not looking up at me. "You are the only one who actually has tried to comfort me. Everyone else just keeps asking me questions."

"Even your dad?" I hesitated to ask.

She sighed as she finally looked up at me. "My father has completely moved on," she scoffed. "He is acting like it never happened. He won't even talk about it."

We sat for a few seconds, neither one of us saying anything. After I had built up enough courage, I finally asked the question that's been bugging me since I found out this gorgeous girl was engaged to that animal.

"Y/N, there's something I don't understand," I sighed. "Why were you. . . I mean. . . It doesn't make any sense. . ."

"You're wondering why I was engaged to Mike," Y/N sighed. She pulled her hand out of mine, making me remember that we were still holding hands.

"I'm sorry," I sighed. "It's just. . . It doesn't make sense to me."

"I know," Y/N rolled her eyes as she ran her hand through her hair. "Mike and I have known each other for a long time, but I never paid him much attention. Which he hated. All the girls were in love with him, but I wasn't. And it drove him crazy. So, as he got older he did whatever he could to try and get me. And I fell for it."

Y/N scoffed as her eyes filled with tears. "He hid everything from me. He lied about everything. He lied about changing. He even lied about his feelings for me. Everything about us. He never loved me. He just wanted to finally sleep with me. When I found out, he got angry and. . ."

"And tried to force you. I'm so sorry, Y/N," I sighed. I stood up and started to angrily pace. "That guy. . . He's. . . I want to. . . He gets this amazing girl and tries to. . "

Y/N's laugh made me stop pacing. I turned towards her to see her watching me with a small smile. I held my breath as she stood up and walked over to me. I watched as she hesitated to do something. I gasped when she wrapped her arms around me, pulling me in for a hug.

"Thank you," she whispered as I wrapped my arms around her waist. "You saved my life."

I smiled as I tightened my arms around her. "It was my pleasure."