Chapter 5

QUICKLY I'D LIKE TO SAY :: that I have posted a picture on instagram (chrissyl0vestoread_) that I based this chaper off of. Please check it out and let me know what you think of this idea :)

There is also a link to this picture somewhere on this chapter I think :)

                                                                   ~    ~    ~   ~    ~     ~    ~

Thank god its lunch time. I shut my door and turned off my office lights and put my head on my desk. The Hood has been on my mind all night. No sleep, I've been searching hospital records for John Doe's or, god if I knew who he was. I rubbed the back of my and yawned when there was a knock on my door.

"Come in." I yelled.

In walked John Diggle. He looked tough and mean with his straight face and very very angry right now. He flipped on the lights. "Are you alright?" I nodded. "Ms. Smoak, I have a very odd question." I nodded again. Thanks to Oliver Queen, I've gotten used to weird. "What do you know about the Hood?"

My eyes widened. "I don't know anything about him besides what's on tv. Why? Do you know who he is"

His brows furrowed. "No, I can't say I do." To me, it looked like he wanted to say more but held off. "Listen, if someone asked you how far would you go to protect your friends, what would you say?"

"I'd say that I'd do whatever it takes to keep my loved ones safe."

He just looked at me for a few minutes before standing. "Are you good at keeping secrets, Felicity?"

I nodded with a small smile on my face. "Yes, I am."

"Good." He tilted his head to me and then left.

The rest of my day was oddly quiet. Just before it was time for me to leave, I turned the corner from my office to the elevators when I heard John's voice.

"So you're going to drag her down, too? Is that it? The famous Oliver is now off the market?"

"No, Diggle. It's not like that. I think she can be useful to us to, you know. I think she can handle it."

"I don't think she can, I know she can Oliver. But do you really want to have another partner?"

There was no reply. I counted to five and then turned the corner.

"Hello."

Oliver turned and smiled his famous smile at me and my knees knocked together. I pressed the elevator button and used the excuse to hold the wall to keep my elf upright. What is wrong with you Felicity?  He's Oliver Queen! !

"Hello, Felicity."

"Hi."

"You two know each other?" John asked.

Oliver turned and said, "Yes. Diggle, this is Felicity. She's my friend. She's also the one who fixed your computer."

John gave him a flat look before looking at me. "Thank you. I don't know what I would have done if I lost those prints."

"Not a problem." The elevator chimed and we all got in. It wad all very awkward. So I did what I usually do. Rambled. "Did you know that those prints look extremely similar to the prison layout? I mean I'm not saying you've got the prison layout, because I mean what would you do with it?" I laughed. "Break in? Anyway, you could be building a smaller sized model."

I looked over at him and he had his eyes closed, but Oliver seemed to be trying to bite back a smile.

"You're very observative."