chapter 10

I think I'm falling in love with Oliver Queen. Why is my life so complicated? "Because you make it that way, Felicity." I mumbled to myself as I researched everything I could find on Sara Lance. She popped up a few days ago dressed in black leather like it was a second skin. It physically hurt every time she was around because she loved Oliver and I think he was in love with her, too.

     "What are you mumbling over there?" John called out to me. I jumped because I didn't realize he was here. "Nothing. I'm not mumbling anything. Why are you here?" Quickly I closed out the windows that were open.

     "Sara isn't staying long. She just wanted to make sure her family was okay."

     "I understand. I didn't ask why she was here. I mean this is her city, too. I don't own this city. Not like Oliver or Mr. Merlyn. And now the Hood. I'm just making sure she isn't here to hurt Oliver." I squared my shoulders, practically begging John to challenge me. All he did was smile.

     "All I'm saying is that she can't take your place here. You're needed here, Felicity. I need you, Oliver needs you. The Hood needs you. And, to be honest,  I don't think you'd get very far without Oliver tracking you down." John leaned against my new desk. "He . . . He wouldn't let you leave like he would anyone else." He patted my shoulder and then walked away.

     "You're a very cryptic person, John Diggle. Very freaking cryptic!" I yelled after him.

          At 2:45 AM, I finally made it back to my apartment. It was starting to get really cold outside and my apartment always seemed to be freezing, but when I walked in it was warm. A light in my living room made me pause. As quietly as I could I hung up my coat and took off my shoes. I armed myself with one of my high heeled shoes incase I needed to stab anyone. I tiptoed into my living room and saw a woman dressed in ninja clothes- that's the only way I can describe it.

     "I do not know who you are, only that you can help me." She said and turned to face me. I was shocked at how pretty she was. With Asian features and full lips and eyes that looked hard and sad at the same time.

          Slowly, I lowered my shoe. My fighting skills compared to that of a kick ass female ninja are zero. "With what?"

          Her gaze raked across my living room and then settled on me. "I need your help tracking Sara Lance without detection. I heard that is your specialty."

          I was so shocked my show slipped out of my hand and fell to the floor. "You want me to track Sara without her being detected?"

     "No, I don't want her to know she is bring tracked."

     "Oh, you can do that from your cell phone." She gave me a blank stare. "Look, I'll show you how."

          I walked over and she handed me her phone. I tagged in Sara's phone number and she was set. A blue arrow appeared on her phone and on the move. She sort of gave me a small smile before jumping out of my window. "Fourth floor, people. I live on the fourth floor. But obviously it doesn't matter because some people can -" the buzzer for my apartment cut me off. I opened the door to see Oliver standing there, eyes red and swollen. My first instinct was he got in a fight and then he looked at me. My heart froze. "What happened?"

          He didn't say anything just stepped forward and wrapped his arms around my waist. And buried his face in my neck. The sadness radiating from him almost crushed me. I hugged him back tightly and brought him inside. We sat on my couch for a few minutes before I had the voice to speak.

     "So, what's wrong? Tell me Oliver."

     "Walter, my mother's husband and CEO of Queen Consolidated, is missing. I believe- He was taken, Felicity." His voice broke at my name and I took his hand in mine.

     "How do you know?"

     "My mother, she had . . . She's the reason my father is dead and I was shipwrecked. She's part of bigger plan, one my father my was telling me about before he died."

          Oliver and I spent hours sitting together talking. He told me everything that happened, starting from just before he sailed off with his father to the day he got back and decided to be the Hood. Though he told me he hates that name. I now know all about why he and Sara look at each other the way they do. It doesn't make me feel any better.

     "So that's why your mother shot you. But why come to me? Why not go to Diggle? He knows how to patch someone up better than me, unless we're playing world of warcraft because I'm a witch in that game and-"

     "I like you a lot Felicity." was all he said.

     "Still doesn't explain why you came here."

     "Because I needed to be around someone who would make me feel better. Someone I feel like I can be myself with and there was- is- only one person that I feel like that with." His blue eyes smoldered. And I shivered and then jumped up from the couch.

     "Are you hungry? It's late, or early, and we should eat something."

     "I should go, actually. My sister is bound to be upset over hearing about Walter, and I want to be there for her."

     "Right, of course." I tried to keep the pointless disappointment out now my voice.

          At the door Oliver turned to me, "One last thing. I will be taking Walter's place as CEO for QC. I want you to be my personal secretary. I want you to work with me. Will you do that?"

          I opened and closed my mouth, speechless. "Do I get a raise?"

     Oliver laughed and his eyes crinkled. That's all I needed before "Yes" was spilling out of my mouth before my brain could process it.

          What the hell did I just do?

She said yes to working with me. My steps felt lighter. Things felt easier to deal with now that I know Felicity will be next to me. One thing was made very clear, there was only one woman in my life who cared more about me than herself. And it was not my mother. I will make it a point to give Felicity everything I can. She already has my heart.

The next chapter will come in about 2 days. It will be the longest chapter yet with possbile over 2500 words. Thank you all for all the reads and all the votes!! You have no idea wht it means to me that you like my story :)