chapter 13

Oliver Queen told me he loved me.

          I had to have been dreaming.

          Only, I couldn't have been because Oliver fell asleep long before I did. I felt like a creep watching him sleep, but it was too unreal to have him laying in my bed next to me. By the time I finally got to sleep it felt like just a few minutes before he woke me up to let me know he wad leaving and that he'd be back to pick me up for work. Which is exactly what he did. John drove and Oliver came to my door and walked with me every step of the way from my door to my desk. Normally, I'd say he was just being overprotective but today I wanted to bask in the glory of what was said last night.

          I couldn't bask in it, though. Oliver was in stupid meetings all day and John sat in the waiting area staring at me all day. And I paced behind my desk so much I was getting dizzy.

     "What the hell is wrong?" John finally growled,  after hours of watching me pace. "You probably don't have anymore nails to bite."

     "Oh, it's ... just something someone said to me." I waved at him. "Nothing serious."

     "Obviously that's a lie. If it wasn't serious like you say then you wouldn't have worn down the carpet behind your desk, Felicity. Now just tell me."

     I turned around to face him and he was closer then before. He stood next to my desk with his arms crossed, natural Diggle stance. "Oliver said ... Oliver told me he loved me." I whispered. A mix of emotions running through me like electricity.

          John's face remained impassive. He said nothing. Did nothing; not even move. His arms remained crossed and he stood still as a statue. Finally, "So he finally told you. What was your reaction?"

     "He thought-" I cleared my throat, "He thought I was asleep."

     John's eyes narrowed and he shook his head. "And this morning?"

     "I haven't said anything about it. At first I thought I dreamed it." I laughed humorlessly. "But something I. His eyes have changed. I'm afraid that ... I'm afraid that if I mention it, he'll pull away sooner the  I want him to. John I," I heaved a heavy sigh and dropped heavily into my chair. "John, I love him. I love him more than I've loved anyone and I am absolutely terrified about it."

     His eyes softened. "So is Oliver, believe me. He can't stand the thought of you being hurt by anyone, most of all him." He gave me a small smile. "He'll bring it up, just give him time."

     I looked over to Oliver who sat facing the three men in his office. His eyes found mine and a hint of a smile flitted across his face. He stood and said something and the other men stood. "I hope he doesn't take forever." I said to no one in particular,  but John grunted. I assume it was in agreement. Just the  Oliver stepped out of the office and came over to my desk. "Ms. Smoak, would you mind seeing these men downstairs?" He stepped closer to me and spoke softer. "Lunch was delivered and should be waiting. I hope you don't mind, but I just assumed you'd join me." A grin spread across his face.

     "I would love to." I walked over to the men and we made our way to the elevator. These men spoke another language I most definitely didn't understand so I said nothing. Downstairs at the front desk to the building waited someone with a bag from a restaurant I've never heard of. Approaching the delivery man, I froze. Something about the way he stood, the way he looked at me, set me on edge.

     "Delivery for Oliver Queen." He grumbled.

     "Silly me, I forgot the money upstairs. Would you mind waiting just a few minutes? I'll make sure he tips nicely."