Chapter 12

Slade Wilson and Sara Lance were on the island for periods of time with Oliver when he was ship wrecked. Sara still wants as hers and to be his partner. Slade wants to hurt Oliver and destroy the Hood. And here I am, daydreaming on my top floor office while the man I love is in a meeting. If Oliver had to choose between Sara the badass heroine, Laurel the lawyer, and me the computer nerd, who would he chose? I like to daydream that it will be me. That he will let the world know that I'm the one he really wants regardless of all the other girls under his belt.

     "Felicity," Oliver's voice woke me from my daydream. I blinked and stood. Oliver smirked and said, "I don't want to be bothered for a while. I don't care who it is that wants to see me, don't let them pass. Alright?"

     I nodded. "Are you okay?"

     "You worry too much."

     "You need someone to worry about you, Oliver. I'd rather it be me."

          Oliver dipped his head before closing his door and lowering his blinds. It wasn't five minutes before my phone rang. "Queen Consolidated." I answered.

     "Thank you, Felicity, for everything."

     "Of course, Oliver." I hung up.

          There was nothing to do, sitting up here being Oliver's assistant. So I played solitaire on the computer until the elevator door dinged open. I looked around my desk and saw Moira Queen talking with a man. He was muscular and extremely well-dressed. An easy smile lit up his. I closed the game and walked around the desk to meet them halfway.

     "Mrs. Queen, what a pleasure."

     "Where's Oliver?"

     "He's busy at the moment and doesn't want to be bothered."

     "Well I'm his mother and I'll be 'bothering' him." She took and step towards Oliver's office door and I stepped in front of it, blocking her entrance. "Excuse me, Ms. Smoak, but I will be entering that office."

     "I apologize, really, but Oliver said-"

     "If you do not let me through to see my son, you will be fired. I will see to that."

     I opened my mouth to say something, what I have no clue, but thankfully Oliver's voice sounded from behind me. "No, mother, she will not. What can I do for you?"

     Looking a little miffed Mrs. Queen said, "I'd like to introduce you to Slade Wilson. He has invested a lot of money into finding Walter and the company."

          I felt Oliver's hand clench into my blazer. He froze, not saying a word, not moving. Slade stepped around Moira and smiled. This smile was not the same easy smile I saw before, it was evil and calculated. Slade's eyes narrowed but held the smile in place.

     "What a pleasure to meet you, Oliver. You're mother has told me wonderful things about you." His accent sounded Australian in person. Slade stretched out his hand for Oliver to shake but Oliver still hadn't moved. I cleared my throat and Oliver's death grip on my jacket released. He stepped in front of me and shook Slade's hand.

     "Pleasure is mine. But I apologize, my mother's said nothing about you." He meant it as an insult but Slade's smile just widened. "If you'll excuse me for a moment, I’d like to speak with my mother in private. Ms. Smoak, can you fetch me and my mother some coffee. Mr. Wilson, please have a seat we'll be right with you."

     "Of course."

          My skin bristled. Oliver knew how much I hated to 'fetch' him anything. I squared my shoulders and pushed past him, elbowing him as hard as I could in the small doorway. Oliver's grunt brought me some satisfaction. I took my sweet time with the coffee and when I got back to office I slammed the tray on his desk. "You're coffee." I growled. As I walked out of the office I heard his mother say, "We really need to find you a better secretary." To which Oliver responded, "No. She's the best."