Chapter 8

"This is for you." I handed John the paperwork that I printed this morning. "I have no other way to get it to- oh, good morning Oliver." I let go of the papers as John folded them with a weird look on his face. "If you'll excuse me." He said and stepped away.
Oliver took me by the elbow and pulled me to the side. " Do you have plans for tonight?"
"No. I mean, I work until 7 and then I'm going home to . . . do nothing, I suppose. Why?"
"I was wondering if you'd like to cash in that rain check for dinner." His smile made me catch my breath. He leaned his head in slightly and lowered his voice. "I'd like to have dinner with you, very much."
I opened my mouth to tell him no, but I couldn't. Why would I say no? Because I so desperately wanted the Hood to invade my privacy again, to give him any opportunity to kiss me again, for real this time!? He'd think I'm crazy. "Okay." I answered. His smile was rewarding, it made my heart stop beating for a split second.
"I'll pick you up at nine?"
"Yes, nine is perfect. What should I wear?"
"Whatever you want." He stepped back and I caught myself before I leaned forward. "I'll see you tonight."
Tonight.
I got to my office and sat at my desk and stared at the wall for I don't know how long. I decided to leave a little bit early, so I clocked out and waited for the elevator. Once the elevator opened I stepped in without looking to see if it what was empty.
"Well, if it isn't Felicity." Samantha Barns leaned against the wall. It took everything in my power not to sigh outwardly. I have a date with Oliver Queen. I have a date with Oliver Queen. I chanted to myself.
"Hello."
She sneered at me. "I saw you with Mr. Queen today. Think you can get a promotion from within?" She raised a prefect eyebrow. In all truths, she is more Oliver's type then I am, but I'm the one with the date. So, I just smiled at her. "No, I prefer being in the tech department. I was just doing something for Mr. Diggle, Mr. Queen's bodyguard. He and I are friends."
Thank the mother ship that the elevator doors opened then and low and behold, in walks Oliver freaking Queen. This time a sigh escapes me. To Samantha's obvious disappointment he doesn't notice her.
"Off early?" He asked me.
"Yes." I said. There was a twinkle in his eye that I hadn't seen in the previous days. An excitement that made my nerves jump and goosebumps raise on my arms.
"Hello, Mr. Queen, how are you?" Samantha purred.
"I'm getting better." He answered her, never taking his eyes off me. I squared my shoulders and smiled as the doors opened to the lobby. We all walked out of the building the same way, towards the garage entrance outside, all the while I tried to keep my amusement at Samantha's attempts to speak to Oliver to myself. In the garage Oliver turned to me, "Which level are you on?"

"This one. It's creepy, so I try to stay as close to the main door as possible." I stepped off the sidewalk just as a car screeched around the bend and came straight for me. Oliver grabbed my elbow and jerked me to him. If it would have been 2 seconds slower I would have been hit. Samantha gasped and pressed herself against the wall. Oliver's arms wrapped around me, holding me to his chest. I took some deep breaths to try and calm down and Oliver smoothed my hair down my ponytail. Pulling me away he leaned down to level his eyes with mine and asked, "Are you okay? Did you get hit anywhere?"

I couldn't answer. I was too awestruck by the crystal blue color in his eyes. The feelings I read in them, the worry that creased his forehead. Finally I managed, "I'm okay." 

Just over his shoulder I saw the way Samantha looked at us, the way she watched us and it set me on edge. I moved away from Oliver just a little bit and straightened my skirt. Oliver walked me to my car and then shot me a quick smile before getting on his phone. As I got in my car I heard him say, "License plate number 8HC..." It struck me as odd that he'd call in a plate number to John most likely, because he wasn't in any danger. I was the one who wasn't paying attention, who wasn't looking before I walked.

At home I showered and put on a royal blue dress that snapped on one shoulder with some black suede heels and grabbed a black handbag. With some time to kill, I sat down and turned on the TV. The news was on and showing some criminal hanging from the rafters in an old abandoned warehouse with footage of the Hood fleeing from the scene. "The Hood strikes again, are we sure he's doing harm to this city, though?" says the news anchor, "He captured and left to be caught one of Starling City's most notorious drug dealer. But, is what he doing legal?" She droned on and on but I was smiling. "I have a crush on a criminal." I laughed. Figures. A few minutes later my buzzer went off and when I answered, without the bat this time, Oliver stood in front of my door. Wearing a nice button down white shirt and a dark blue blazer with black pants. "We match. Should I change?"