{3}

Brody threw open his suitcase and grabbed a white shirt and some pants out, throwing them down on the dark duvet. He turned as he picked up the shirt again and he caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror which hung on the wall near the small closet of the room he would be residing in for the next five weeks.

His tattoo's seemed to stand out against the paleness of his skin, the dark ink forming intricate patterns all over his arm and torso, extending up to the base of his neck. Each patch of ink meant something, each section having its own special link to his heart.

His biceps were still small, too small for his liking.

He threw the shirt over his dark hair and pulled it down his torso. The pants were next, and he was done.He put a water bottle and his phone into his gym bag and swung it over his shoulder, making his way out of his room. As soon as the door opened he felt eyes on him. He cursed the fact that most of the students liked to keep their doors open, and that groups of people were just lurking in the hallway having conversations with friends.

He noticed the looks, the glances and the curious expressions as he passed each person. Some of them he read as just confusion, people not knowing if they had seen him before, trying to place him. Others expressions were downright judgmental and Brody felt like screaming, 'Yeah I know, I'm not my brother!' into their faces.

Yet, he kept walking, his head down and his fingers fidgeting against the strap of his bag.

He tried to stop it, but he imagined his brother walking down this hall, his large stature walking confidently as he hi-fived people he passed and smiled at his friends. Everyone loved Hunter, everyone wanted to be friends with Hunter.

Brody had the sudden feeling that he was an imposter, that he was taking his brothers position, that it should be his brother standing here, his brother should be walking these hallways, but his brother wasn't here, and he was, and that was all that mattered.

Brody took a deep breath as he reached the elevator, pressing the little arrow which pointed down. He stood there for a few moments before the doors opened up and a guy stepped out. Brody stepped to the side to allow him to pass, but the guy didn't wait for him to finish his step and just walked straight into him, his shoulder making contact with Brody's.

Brody was knocked back, but he steadied himself, then looked at the guy who obviously had no manners and muttered, 'sorry,' even though he knew that he had nothing to be sorry for.

The guy looked down at him. 'You're the new Lewis kid, right? From the pack in Helena?'

'Uh, yeah,' Brody confirmed, somewhat nervously. He felt intimidated, surrounded by so many first born Alphas and suddenly this huge guy was right in his face.  

The taller guy just gave Brody the most disapproving look that he had received in a long time, and he slightly shook his head, as if he couldn't even believe that Brody was who he was. The guy didn't even say anything, but his look said a thousand words.    

The guy when kept walking down the hall, but Brody was stunned and just stood, staring at the open elevator doors.

He snapped out of it and stepped through the doors just as they were about to shut. He looked down at the hand he had wrapped around the strap of his bag, his knuckles pressed into his white shirt as he rubbed his thumb over the fabric of the strap.

You're here for your pack, you are here to learn to protect them, Brody thought to himself, trying to convince himself that he could last this whole five weeks.

He heard the doors open and looked up. His eyes widened as he saw that Nate King was standing just outside of the doors, looking at him with curious eyes. A rush of embarrassment flowed through Brody's body as he remembered what he had said to him only a short time before. Nate King was the future council member, Nate King was going to lead one of the biggest packs in the country and Brody knew that his father would have been extremely upset if he had heard Brody criticizing him.