{9}

So... this is the chapter that I'm sure most of you have been patiently waiting for!! Enjoy!

Perhaps drinking in the woods was more fun when Nate was sixteen and he had felt like the biggest bad ass in the entire camp as he snuck out of his room with a bottle of vodka in his hand. He had met his friends by the pond, sharing alcohol and funny stories until the early hours of the morning. In his memory it had been one of the best times of the entire camp, sitting in the woods where they weren’t controlled by rules and people. They had been just teenagers, they had no responsibilities, no expectations placed upon them. 

It had been fun, hadn’t it?

Nate sure had thought so back then, but it didn’t seem so great right now.

He was sitting on a log, a cup in his hand of whatever Kayden had handed him when he arrived but he was yet to take a sip of the liquid. There were portable speakers on the ground by his feet, the music loud enough to echo around his mind but not enough to reach those back at the main camp base.

A bunch of Alphas were dancing around him, girls in tiny clothes dropping it like it was hot while boys stared after them, probably cursing the fact that they were both Alpha’s so there was no chance that they would end up with the beautiful dancing girls. He could see Lucy out there, dancing close to the water with Tye, a red cup in her hand that she was sipping from periodically.

There must have been about thirty people around him, all dancing or laughing or talking, everyone seemingly having a great time.

Nate looked up at the glowing moon above them. He could feel its effects, the way that his skin seemed slightly uncomfortable, the need to transform into his wolf like a physical force pressing into his skin from the inside. He knew that he could control it, it wasn’t too bad.

He also felt the way that his emotions were magnified and he definatley saw that particular fact in the people around him. One couple was making out before, the guy had her back pressed up against the trunk of a tree while their mouths seemed to attack each other.

Nate had broken it up before it got too far, walking up to them and suggesting that they separate. Morals were looser under the full moon, and he could tell that the two had been lost in the heat of the moment as soon as they both turned their gazes onto him. Their pupils had a bright golden ring around them. The gold seemed to glow from their eyes, the primal instinct in them coming to the surface. The rings had gone down in a few seconds and Nate had been glad that he had caught them before they did something they would have regretted.

He was drawn from his thoughts when Kayden sat down next to him, sipping from the cup in his hand.

‘Why aren’t you drunk or dancing? Or both?’ Kayden asked, nudging Nate with his giant shoulder. Nate had to plant his feet on the ground to keep balanced after Kayden’s large muscular shoulders barged into him in what he was sure had intended to be a friendly nudge.

‘I don’t know, I just don’t feel like it,’ Nate supplied, still not sure what had spurred this sudden bad mood. It just felt like something was missing. This was his last chance to really break loose and have fun without people watching his every move and yet he wasn’t enjoying it.

‘Is this about Brody not coming?’ Kayden asked in a sudden burst of intuition.

Nate shook his head, ‘No, it’s not that,’ but even he could tell that he was lying.

He missed Brody, he wanted his best friend to share in this with him and yet Brody would rather spend time reading than partying. He didn’t blame him, he simply just missed him.