{7}

They emerged from the tree line, entering one of the gardens which surrounded the main building. That was when Annie and Lucas spotted them. They had been sitting at one of the benches with a few friends and came running over to the two guys who were walking on one of the footpaths now.

Nate nudged Brody with his elbow, ‘Oh no, we might be killed by mini Alphas for not bringing our mentees to the pond with us.’

Brody chuckled, ‘Oh no, we should probably run from the little girl, she seems so dangerous,’ he spoke humorously. 

Lucas smiled at them, not saying anything. Annie reached them only a second after, placing her hands on her hips in what would have been slightly intimidating if she had been a few feet taller and her scowl much harsher. ‘You went without us, didn’t you?’

‘Maybe, maybe not.’ Nate shrugged.

‘Well, at least the boyfriends aren’t fighting,’ Lucas shrugged. Nate’s eyes widened, was that what the two of them were calling him and Brody?

‘Mm true,’ Annie shrugged.

Brody and Nate shared a look.

‘Sorry, sorry,’ Lucas laughed, seeing their expressions.

‘Any reason for this chat or can we go now?’ Brody asked and Nate nudged him in the ribs.

‘Yeah, your fathers assistant came over to us before, apparently your father’s looking for you,’ Annie announced.

‘Your fathers here?’ Brody asked and Nate could see the suprise in his eyes.

‘I thought he was coming next week, the council must have changed their plans,’ Nate assumed.

‘Do you want me to come with you?’ Brody asked.

‘No, I can handle a meeting with my father. I’ll see you tonight?,’ He asked Brody.

‘Yeah sure.’

Nate turned to the younger two. ‘Bye guys.’

Nate headed off in the direction of the main building, knowing that his father would probably be in one of the offices. He walked through the gardens, the sun slowly setting behind him.

He was close to the building when he saw one of his father’s secretaries, she was standing outside of the doors with a phone pressed to her ear. She didn’t seem to see him, being more preoccupied at yelling at whoever the poor person was on the other side of the phone.

He walked over to her and tapper her on the shoulder.

The woman turned around quickly, widening her eyes once she saw who it was. She immediately hung up on whoever was on the phone and slipped it into her pocket.

‘Nate! Thank-god, your father has everyone looking for you,’ she told him, some accusation in her voice.

Nate shrugged, not really feeling bad since he wasn’t even told his father would be coming to the camp that day, ‘I was with friends, and anyway, I’m here now. Where is he?’

‘I’ll take you.’ she told him in a harsh voice, obviously not pleased with his lack of remorse for being what she considered late.

They entered the building, walking down a series of overly decorated hallways until they reached a black door. She opened it for him, ushering him inside.

The door was shut behind him and Nate looked up to see that his father was indeed sitting at the desk. The office was lavish, a large couch pushed up against the wall, a television on the other. One window was placed at the back of the room, revealing a view of one of the gardens. At the back of the room was the desk, sitting at it was his father.