Eighteen

The next day

Dave
Bully took Kairi with him for the day I don't have anything to do so I decided to pull up on Haze at her shop. I parked my car and got locked my doors I walked inside of her shop.

"Hey Dave you getting your hair did," Britney asked.

"No I just came to see Hazel."

"Okay go ahead to the salon floor."

I nodded and walked onto the salon floor my mouth dropped when I seen Haze.

"Hey Hazel."

She looked up at me and smiled.

"Hey Dave if you need your hair rebraided I can get you after I finish up with my client."

"Nah I'm good I just came to see you and take you to lunch."

Haze employees and clients aww'd.

"Okay I'll be finished up shortly."

"Okay."

"You can go sit and wait."

"I'll rather watch you."

Haze looked at me and nodded and went back to work and I watched. Haze look good with weave and makeup but even better with her natural hair and no makeup. I pulled out my phone and snapped a picture of Haze as she worked I posted it to my Snapchat and Instagram.

About 15 minutes later Haze was finished with her client they hugged and her client walked away to pay.

"Follow me Dave."

I followed Haze we ended up in her office she grabbed her purse and keys.

"Okay Dave I get it I don't have my weave in and no makeup on well besides my eyebrows being done you can quit looking at me like that."

"Like what?"

"Like you looking at me."

"Like you're the most beautiful woman in this world that I've laid eyes on hair did or not, makeup or not you're gorgeous mami."

"Thank you Dave."

"You're welcome."

We walked out of Haze office she locked her door then we walked back through the salon floor passing Britney and outside. I lead Haze over to my Range Rover I helped her in then I walked around to the driver side and got in.

"Where are we going?"

"To lunch."

"Can I know the place?"

"Fresh to Order."

I heard Haze gasp as I started up my Range Rover I looked over at her and she was smiling from ear to ear.

"What?"

"We going to the one here in Midtown?"

"Yeah."

"This is literally my go to restaurant for lunch how did D or Ari tell you that."

"No they didn't I googled the place actually."

"Oh okay you know we could've walked right it's like literally 15 minutes away."

"Well shit let's walk save me some gas."

Haze laughed as I got out I walked around to the passenger side I helped her out and locked my Range Rover doors. Haze intertwined her hand with mines as we started walking.

"What made you want to chose Midtown as a place to start your own business?"

"I did came through here and looked at all of the places that's here and did some research with each business owner and decided to go with Midtown."

"Oh okay have you thought about opening up a second location in Downtown Atlanta you know that's the busiest," I asked as I looked down at Hazel.

"Yeah I had a talk with my accountant and she told me it's a great move for me to do."

"When are you going to get started on the second location?"

"Probably this weakened when I'm off I'm booked all this week."

"Okay."

"What about you when is Karma 2 coming out?"

"Possibly next month I'm still working and perfecting the album."

"Just know that I'm going to buy your album whenever it releases."

"Okay."

"I want to take Kairi to the aquarium next weekend."

"Okay I'm down for that."

"And I'm going to invite Ari and the girls."

"Okay."

"How often do you dye your natural hair?"

"Every so often when I feel like doing a different color I do it."

I nodded we finally made it to Fresh to Order I opened the door for Haze to walk in and then I followed behind her. We walked up to the front and waited to get our order taken.

Hazel
I took my weave out last night and wasn't expecting to see Dave anytime soon but he just popped up on me today to take me to lunch. Dave wasn't supposed to see me without my weave until we are in a relationship and comfortable with each other but that definitely didn't go as planed. The person in front of us stepped to the side I walked up to the register with Dave right behind me.

"Hello welcome to Fresh to Order dining in or carry out," I looked back at Dave.

"Dining in."

"Okay order when you're ready."

"Can I get your Club Salad and instead of Honey Mustard dressing can I get Ranch dressing instead with Fire-grilled Chicken and can I get your House Turkey Club Panini Sandwich with a side of Macaroni & Cheese and a Fudge Brownie and a Large Sprite

"Okay anything else?"

"I'll have the Mediterranean Salad with Blackened Chicken Tenders with Ranch dressing and I'll have the Grilled Salmon with the Grilled Chicken BLT Panini Sandwich with the side of Macoroni & Cheese as well with your Cupcake of the day make that two large Sprites."

"Will that complete your order?"

"Yes."

The man gave us the total I went into my wallet to pay but Dave already had his card out and paid the man. Once Dave got the receipt we walked away to find a table. We sat down at our table I sat my purse in the chair next to me and sat my phone on the table.

"Who hair you have to do today?"

"Ari and some more clients."

Dave nodded.

"Any celebrity clients?"

"Not today but tomorrow yes."

"Okay I talked to the rehab facility to check in on D progress."

"What they saying?"

"He lashed out yesterday once he began to sober up then he broke down crying they say it's all normal."

"Okay."

"And he'll be able to have visitors in 2 weeks and by then he'll have an apology letter written to you and Ari the main two people he hurt."

I furrowed my eyebrows.

"When did he hurt Ari?"

"He missed the appointment for the gender reveal and when Ari told him he was drunk and didn't remember anything."

"Oh okay."

"Hopefully by then you'll be ready to see him."

"Yeah hopefully."

Two employees walked up to us with our food and drinks we thanked them then they walked away I said a quick prayer in my head then I started eating.