Forty-Two

3 months later—April 19, 2019

Dave
Me and Haze both thought that Kaia was coming next Friday on the 26th but lil mama decided to make her entrance a week early. It's about 5:45 am and we've been here since 5:20 am. Haze water broke around 5:00 and we waited 20 minutes to come to the hospital. Kairi is knocked out on the couch with her blanket over her.

"Babe you want some more ice chips?"

Haze shook her head no and held out her hand I stood up and got her hand and she squeezed it.

"Breathe through the contractions babe."

Haze nodded. There was a knock at the door and Dr. Jackie walked in.

"How you doing Hazel?"

"Okay."

"The contractions starting to pick up some?"

"Yeah."

"You know if you want the epidural you can get it."

"I wanna continue with no medication."

"Alright I'm about to check you."

"Okay."

Dr. Jackie walked over to the sink she washed her hands then she dried them. She placed gloves on and walked over to Haze. Haze bent her legs back and Dr. Jackie checked her.

"5 1/2 centimeters almost 6 not quite there yet you're 50% effaced which is good."

"What does that mean Dr. Jackie?"

"Your cervix is 50% thinned out we need it to be 100% thinned out so you can push baby girl out."

"Okay."

"If you want to you can get up and walk," Dr. Jackie said as she removed the gloves and wash her hands.

"Alright."

"I'll be back in 45 minutes to an hour to check you again."

"Okay."

Dr. Jackie smiled and walked out.

"Dada."

I looked back seeing Kairi sitting up and rubbing her eyes. I walked over to her and picked her up.

"Hey mamas."

"Hey."

"You okay?"

"Yeah."

My baby girl is now 4 and smart for her age.

"Why we here?"

"Kaia is on her way."

Kai looked passed me looking at Haze.

"Mama sister coming."

"Yeah in a few more hours."

Kairi nodded.

"Since Kairi is awoke we can walk."

"Okay."

Haze unstrapped herself from the contraction machine I walked over to her I sat Kairi on her feet then I helped Haze out of the bed. We walked over to the door Haze had Kai hand I opened the door they walked out and I followed behind them.

"Babe are we going to call our families and let them know that I'm in labor or wait until after."

We started walking down the hall Kairi was in the middle of the us and we both held each of her hands.

"While you was changing I had FaceTimed our mamas and they both said that they're going to come after Kaia get here because they want us to have this moment to ourselves."