13

Athena looked at the name lit up on her phone. For a slight moment she looked at it, spacing out, and not doing anything.

Afterwards she picked up the call. She took a sip of wine from the glass in her left hand, before breathing out a "Hey."

Jackson greeted her back "Hi Lane. I hope you don't mind that I called you." His voice was groggy and tired.

She smiled to herself "No, it's fine." She told him, looking over the hotel balcony. "But didn't Jaebum say you had practice in the morning?"

In reality the girl had no idea what for. But soon after meeting the lively people in the group chat, she learned not to ask questions.

"Yeah but I'm not a child I can make decisions for myself!" The boy claimed pouting like he was five. "But you know he is right... right?" Lane retaliated, a slight laugh escaping her red tinted lips.

"Yeah..." Jackson annoyedly answered her "But I don't want to talk about me. Let's talk about you. How's life?"

Now was the time when Athena really started to chuckle. She didn't why, but the way he had said it had her cracking up. " Nothing really. Work... I'm kinda worried about you all meeting my friend. To be honest."

"Oh come on we are not that bad." The boy told her. Now, him slightly laugh too, because in reality that was a total lie.

"Its not you guys I'm worried about." She said, sighing into the phone. "When I ment she was just a little over protective, she is very overprotective. Especially around guys. Especially now.

Jackson laughed again accidently dropping his phone on his black rug.

When he went to pick it up there was a small knock on the door "Jackson go to sleep you heard Jaebum." He heard Mark whisper yell at him from the other side.

Jackson rolled his eyes, picked up his phone, and later back down. "So Lane-"

"Nope." Athena answered in a slightly cheeky tone. "You heard him. Good night Jackson."

The boy once again sighed. "Good Night Lane."

He ended the call, but somehow he couldn't seem to wipe the small smile that lingered on his face.

[Don't Forget To Vote]