49

The eight had just rushed into the hotel from the airport. Luna went up to the front desk lady.  "I demand to see the owner." She told her.

The lady ran off to fetch another lady in her late forties. "Luna? What are you doing here?"
The lady asked. "You know why we are here. Where is she?" Luna asked concern spilling through her words.

"She isn't here." The lady replied in a serious tone.

"Cut. The. Shit." Luna spat. She was willing to do anything for her roommate, sister, and friend. Athena was the reason. "Where is she?!" Her hand slammed down on the wooden desk. She was causing a sene but she couldn't care less.

After a moment the woman sighed "She is on the rooftop. Hurry before it gets dark."

Luna looked to Jackson who was already on the elevator up to the roof.

"Shouldn't we go with him?" Mark asked.

"No, he's got this."

"Who was that?" Yugyeom questioned.

"Her step mom."

"Isn't this where we stayed last time we were in Thailand?" Bambam said.

"How am I supposed to know. No more questions." She told them with a sigh. "Soulmates are a tricky thing you know." She heard Jinyoung say.

"What do you mean?" She asked intrigued by the sudden change in topic.

"They are a destined pair yet they aren't always destined. They are meant to heal your soul but sometimes hurt it. They are timeless yet we never have enough time with them." She replied looking out in the distance. "It would be smart to let them go yet we never do because we love them."

-

"I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry, I swear I didn't want to hurt anyone." Athena cried into her hands facing the setting sun, as she spoke out loud to no one in particular.

She was done. It was over. They have probably figured it out by now.

She didn't care. She didn't want to think about them or the pain she had caused them. She regretted it and all she wanted now was to feel numb.

She hurt him and yet she thought she deserved to feel numb.

She laid down and look up to the colors of the sky.

If only life could be a simple as the colors in the sky.

"Athena."

She sat up at the sound of her name coming from that voice.

It couldn't be.

He was in another country, hating her.

But there he stood.

In the same leather jacket from that same night.

She looked up at him in surprise "What are you doing here?" She asked in shock. She wanted to go up and touch him to make sure he was real. She wanted to feel the feeling of his arms wrapped around her as though it was the very first day all over again.

She wanted to go back and make things right.

"I came to find you." He answered looking at her and noticing her tears "Have you been crying?"

"I'm sorry." She apologized, she didn't want to waste her time on herself. In her mind he would vanish at any moment. She was determined to fix things.

"I know." He answered walking over and taking the seat next to her. "Why have you been crying?"

"Because I hurt you." She whispered trying to keep back the tears she had left. "Because I'm scared."

"Why?" He asked softly holding her chin so she would look at him. He wiped away her tears.

"Because," she whispered finding all her courage to take this leap. "Because, I love you."

"Athena." He said looking deep into her big brown eyes. "Do you remember what I told you? About how my lifestyle didn't allow me to get to close to anyone?" He reminisced with a smile. "I've learned from then that you are not just anyone. Everyday from then, you inched your way closer to me day by day, and one morning I woke and realized that you inch your way into my heart. That day I realized, Athena Lane, that I loved you and that I wasn't going to give up on you."

He laced his fingers with her "So, I don't want you to be scared. Because I am here for you, Luna, Jinyoung, JB, Mark, Youngjae, Bambam, and Yugyeom. We are all here for you. I don't want you to fear everything and run. I want you to face everything and rise, together."

He wrapped his arms around her as though it were the very first day and then kissed her as if it were the very last.

And ever since that day, under the colors of the setting sun, that is what they did.

They faced the world together.

Jackson Wang has added Athena Lane to the Groupchat

Fin

[Don't Forget To Vote]
💕

The sequel is out!

I have more on the way so check my bio for more of my content