Prologue

Author's Note: I hate putting these in the beginning of stories, but I feel the need to say this.

If you do not understand the plot line, please ask me. I don't want for people to be confused, but at the same time, I don't want for people to stray away from this story strictly because they don't understand the Descendants story line. 

I also want to establish that this is my way of both spreading awareness and learning new information about the asexual community. So, if you feel like there is something that needs to be added to this book or my information surrounding is incorrect, let me know. 

Okay, that's all from me. I hope you guys like it!

- Diana

Evie hummed happily as she finished the rest of her makeup, almost jumping on her toes with excitement as she finishes her look in the bathroom. She had been saving it for a special occasion.

Auradon Prep's first Pride.

Personally, she was extremely proud of her identity. However, there weren't many opportunities to celebrate it publically. On the Isle, being the daughter of the Evil Queen meant making sure that you were perfect. Perfect meant walking around in high heels shoes. Perfect meant playing to the things boys found attractive in a girl. Perfect meant hiding who you were so you had a roof over your head at night.

When she arrived in Auradon, she was expected to steal a wand in order to free their parents. Instead, she became a strong student at Auradon Prep and a fashion designer for its inhabitants, which meant working with many different types of people. Some of those people, especially those in the lines of royalty, were extremely religious and that left parts of herself to remain private in order to maintain her business. Imagine the look of surprise she got from Ben 6 months ago when Jay said the words, "Evie's smarter than all of us because all the brain power that we use thinking about sex, Evie's using to use to take over the world."

In Evie's mind, King Ben had suffered from Prince Syndrome. Every prince was supposed to marry a princess. He didn't know anything about transitioning or sexuality and, much like what happened on the Isle, struggled to fix those errors. This was his step in the right direction and Evie felt like she could finally breathe instead of constantly stepping on eggshells.

Her outfit was much different from the reds and blues she normally wore, instead going with a white shirt under a black leather dress with purple tones and silver zippers, black leggings, and a set of black combat boots. Her gloves were black with silver chaining, along with a large purple stone on the inside and her nails remained her normal black color (due to time constraints). A purple, gray, white, and black flag was wrapped around her wrist and a small pink, yellow, and blue flag made its way onto her left cheek.

Smiling a little to herself, Evie walks out of the bathroom to find Mal tugging her leather jacket on her shoulders before going to look for the magnetic pride pin to accompany it. The daughter of Maleficent doesn't dress up for such occasions, feeling she has already spent so much time in the past year being everything but herself. Pride, in her mind, was more about authenticity and acceptance than anything else so she chooses to wear her normal outfit, consisting of a purple and green leather jacket, some paint-stained leggings, and purple combat boots. She knows Evie wouldn't have it any other way.

"You ready, E?" Mal called over her shoulder as she grabbed the rainbow pride flag hanging next to the door so they wouldn't forget it.

Evie hurriedly packed her makeup bag, water, umbrella, and granola bars into the tiny bag before taking strides to meet Mal at the door, eyes glowing with excitement and adrenaline. She lets out a laugh as Mal deliberately takes the bag out of her hands, throws it over her shoulder, and opens their bedroom door so she could enter into the hallway. They both stood outside as the bedroom fell shut behind them, unsure for a moment before Mal offers Evie her hand.