Misconception: "What you actually mean is that you are celibate"

Fairy Godmother's office is a large room, consisting of two large rows of bookshelves, a couple of tan filing cabinets, and a generous wooden desk in the center. There was also two wooden chairs standing in the corner so they can be pulled over and sat in as needed. Most people would say it's a splendid place to work full-time, until a student walked in to break the semblance of peace.

Evie stalked in with deliberate precision, growling to herself about the atrocities of the human race in front of her desk. She didn't say complete sentences for the first 5 minutes, mainly ranting and closing her fists and stomping on the carpet floor. Fairy Godmother waited patiently from her place behind her desk, pulling a green tea from its place in her lunch bag before folding her hand upon her desk and giving Evie her complete attention.   

She suddenly turns to Fairy Godmother's desk and leaned her hands on it, questioning in a quiet tone:

"Am I allowed to deny someone service because I might punch them in the face?"

Fairy Godmother, slightly startled by the question, wrote a note to herself about potentially getting Evie into some anger management classes before folding her hands back on the desk. She gestured for her to pull over a chair, which Evie did with a huff and while silently declining the green tea.

"I don't mind people genuinely trying to learn about my sexuality," Evie continues, using her hands to speak the words she couldn't, "but if Audrey tells me one more time that all boys want sex and I will want sex too when the right guy comes along, I might just hit her with a tourney stick."

Fairy Godmother debates her ideas in her head. It is not illegal to deny someone service, but her grounds are a little unconventional at best. She rolls some ideas around in her head in a bit before coming up with a clear answer:

"You cannot deny someone service simply because they get on your nerves," she starts, receiving a sigh from the latter, "but you can make an LGBT+ safe zone sign and maybe work from there. It doesn't quite get the job done, but its progress."

Evie nods in agreement, playing with her fingers for a couple of moments in silence, debating a question for a couple of minutes while Fairy Godmother watches attentively. She loves when she gets the opportunity to help students, especially the children of the Isle. She likes knowing this is a place they feel safe.

"Fairy Godmother," she calls to regain her attention, "do you think my sexuality is a phase?"

Fairy Godmother saddens at the thought. She heard of too many cases where someone, who is afraid to be themselves, ends up coming to her with blood leaking down their wrist or inside a body bag. Even Auradon is not immune to the feeling of loneliness and she never wants any of her students to feel this way if she can help it.

"No, of course not. I think you have the right to be whoever you are inside," she responds, grabbing her Evie's hands for emphasis before releasing them back onto the desk in front of her. Evie tilts her head for a moment, trying to read Fairy Godmother's body language before giving up. She gives a slight smirk as a curtain of blue hides her eyes.

"But?" Evie questions as Fairy Godmother hesitates on her words, leaving an ominous tone of silence in the room as if everyone was collectively holding their breath. Waiting for something to go wrong.

"I don't think you're using the right word," she replies, fiddling with the feather pens placed in her cup and checking her calendar to contain her nerves.

"What do you think I am?"

If there is one thing Fairy Godmother strives for, its honesty. So, a person should be forewarned when asking a question, be prepared to receive the terrible truth of her thoughts. Fairy Godmother pauses in her work, wondering whether she should truly tell her as she takes in Evie's body language. Evie solely looks curious, making the same face at occurs when she's been asked a difficult question, which takes the form of a slight frown overcoming her face as her eyes take in the world around her, trying to find the answers in the items around them. This same look forces Fairy Godmother's hand.

"I think you are possibly confusing the word asexuality with celibacy." Fairy Godmother replies.

Evie only hums a little in response before deciding to leave in a decidedly calmer manner than she entered. Brushing her hands on the front of her dress, she gives a small smile in thanks before turning to leave the office. She takes a moment to brush her fingers against the spines of the fairy tales on the shelves as Fairy Godmother makes another note to talk to Audrey about the situation, hoping that may solve some of Evie's problems, giving a small sigh of relief, thinking Evie took it incredibly better than she thought.

"Can you tell me what celibacy means?" Evie asked, calling her attention back to her student once more.

"Celibacy means one abstains from sexual relations and/or marriage," she replies, unsure where this conversation was moving towards.

Evie took her fingers off the books before making her way to the door, seeming to internally decide in her head to discover more on the given topic as her fingers curled around the door handle. However, she turned around instead and leaned against the door, continuing the conversations she had initially thought was at an end.

" With all due respect, " Evie said, gripping the doorknob with white knuckles, " Asexuality is an orientation, not a choice.  So my lack of sexual attraction is not equivalent to my ability to have sex. "

Fairy Godmother's apologies are cut off by the click of the door.

-----

To be 100% honest with you, this is the chapter I am most scared to put out because I am not sure if this chapter was done accurately. In my head, the lines between celibacy, asexuality, and abstinence are still a little bit blurry in my head.  If I've done this wrong (like always), please give me constructive criticism so I can fix it. 

The definition of celibacy comes from the free dictionary. Some more information was pulled from a book called Celibate by Carolyn_Hill. If you are interested in learning more about this topic, I highly suggest you read it.

I also used this site to help formulate Evie's response.

http://www.asexualityarchive.com/asexuality-and-celibacy-whats-the-difference/

- Diana