The Inevitable

The ceiling lights illuminating the darkness flicker as an unexpected storm rolls in. Lightning strikes across the sky as thunder rumbles the earth below. Violently, the Haley Manor shakes as a brisk breeze rushes through the cracks of the foundation, chilling the atmosphere.

Footsteps are heard in the distance as Raina Haley: the mother of the household walks down the long hallway towards the foyer, telekinetically shifting the foundation to seal the cracks with the wave of her hands. Her control was astonishing, the way each brick expands to fit the small crevices to keep the brisk air out, but then again, she was adept at manipulating and controlling matter.

Making her way down the spiral staircase, she smiles to herself when she hears the warm sounds of her family's laughter echoing throughout the atmosphere. However, her smile soon fades when a strange feeling washes over her. Carnage, destruction, and inferno was all she felt as her body begins to convulse uncontrollably.

Aside from being a telekinetic, she was also clairvoyant. And with that, she was always consumed with various feelings and emotions, but this was different. Her lungs constrict as smoke fills them. The smell of charred flesh courses through her nostrils making her stomach churn from the unescapable stench. Her eyes blinded by the beautifully destructive fire that warms her entire body. It was horrendous.

Lightheadedness follows as she stumbles down the stairs towards the living room. If it weren't for her holding on to the banister, she would've fallen. As she makes her way down the last few stairs, she pauses, her body constricted with an unknown force, and suddenly, that's when she sees it. The core of the destruction, the core of the worlds end, and inside of it was her beloved son, Ryu Haley.

As his power expands in her mind, she releases a painful scream throughout the entire manor followed by an immense outburst of telekinetic energy that shakes the entire foundation. Flashes of Ryu's burning red eyes, and disintegrating skin bombard her thoughts as she trembles with fear no longer in control of her own actions as her power rages on.

Hearing the deafening scream, Richard Haley: the father of the household rushes over to her leaving both Ryu, and his brother Remy sitting in shock. He was all too aware of her ability to perceive future events, but he knew that this was much worse.

As he gets closer to the stairs, he begins to feel faint as the temperature skyrockets, and due to her telekinetic ability, there's a field of energy surrounding her that he's unable to bypass. However, this wasn't an act of her power, but someone else's.

"Raina!" He exclaims, the urgency clear. Hues glowing midnight. "You have to snap out of it!"

"You are all going to die!" She promises, although the voice was not her own. It was deeper, resounding even as she finally opens her eyes.

"You will lose everything you've ever loved and it'll all come back to him." Pointing a finger at Ryu.

"What do you mean?" He asks, looking back at Ryu and then her. "Help me understand what you mean!" Hues returning to normal in hopes that the fear stricken within them would pull her out of her trance.

With the wave of her hand, she projects a small image of Ryu composed out of matter however, it was a different version of him; monstrous.

"I don't understand." Shaking his head, perplexed. "What does he have to do with this?"

Before she could speak, everything stops, and she faints instantly. She was never able to be under longer than a few minutes, but this time she was. Catching her before she hits the ground, his hues glowing midnight, Richard surrounds her in an aura of energy that slowly rejuvenates her.