Chapter 4

You were awoken by the sound of someone pounding on the door. You tried to ignore it and pulled Troy closer to you. When the knocking didn't stop, Troy got up, put on some pants and opened the door.
"Can I help you?" Troy asked. You could tell he was annoyed.
"The Allfather requires the presence of lady y/n," you heard someone say.
You sighed and got out of bed. You grabbed one of Troy's shirts that was on the floor and threw it on. It fell just below your butt. When you came over to the door, you saw the guard squirm uncomfortably, at the shortness of the shirt. He must be new, you thought. Troy walked away and you heard him turn on the shower.
"The Allfather requires..." he stopped when you held up your hand.
"I heard you the first time," you said. "What does he want with me?"
"I was not told lady y/n," he replied.
"Well, tell him I'm busy and I will get to him in a little while," you snapped.
The boy had opened his mouth to say something, but you had already slammed the door in his face, before he could get it out.
"You're only going to make things worse for yourself, if you don't go right away," Troy said.
You turned around to see Troy standing in the bathroom doorway, naked. Your eyes hungrily looked him up and down. You walked towards him, pulling off the shirt you had on.
"Maybe, but it would be rude of me to appear before the King without taking a proper shower," you smiled.
Troy shook his head. You pushed past him to get into the shower, but not before he gave you a quick slap on the butt.

After you had taken two showers, the first one had only made you dirtier, you threw on a dress. You hurried out of Troy's room and a quick glance at the sun told you it was already mid-day. You hastily made your way to the throne room.

You entered through the back door of the throne room. You quietly tried to sneak in behind his chair, hoping he wouldn't notice. It didn't work. It was like he had been waiting for you, because the second you were next to him, he made everyone leave. You tried to leave too, knowing he wasn't talking to you, but trying to get out before he caught you. He grabbed your arm and spun you around. Once he made sure you were the only two left in the room, he became himself.
"Where have you been?" he growled. You pulled your arm free from his grasp.
"Loki, we both know you aren't stupid, so don't act like you are. Besides the fact, that you have your guards watching me at all times," you said. You started to wander around the room.
"Did you think I was joking when I said if you disobey me you would get punished?" Loki asked.
You turned around and looked at him. His green eyes were ablaze and you could've sworn that the vein in his forehead would pop at any moment. You knew you had to chose your next words very carefully.
"Honestly, I don't know what to think about you, Loki. We've always had our problems, but you've been so dark since you came back from New York. You weren't the only one who felt the loss of Frigga. I don't know if you think having control over me will bring you closer to her, but she's gone, you have to accept that. What are you going to do to me as punishment? Hit me? You know that won't do anything," you said.
He seemed to calm down. He was still upset, but you could tell he wasn't going to do anything to you. He sat back down on the throne.
"Go clean up the mess in my room," he said.
He motioned for you to leave. He looked sad, you could tell what you had said had gotten to him. You almost felt bad and went to comfort him. Almost. You turned on your heels and left, without saying anything more.

When you got to his room, you weren't at all surprised by what you saw. The 'mess' was two girls, laying naked in his bed. They were sleeping. When you woke them up, they tried to hide under the covers.
"I'm only here to heal you," you told them, calmly. "Move the blanket."
They did as you told them, revealing the mess he had left on their bodies. You touched the cuts and bruises on their bodies, making them disappear and leaving them completely healed.
"Tell me, what is he threatening?" you asked.
They looked at each other, cautiously, then back at you. You handed them each some clothes.
"What do you mean?" one of them asked. She was a pretty brunette, with brown eyes, no more than 900 years old.
"I mean exactly what I said. What does Loki have on you?"
"She knows, Liv," said the other girl. She looked to be about 1000 years old and had blonde hair, with blue eyes.
"My brother works as one of his guards. If I don't do everything he says, I will never see my brother again," said Liv.
"My mother and father run a small business in town. He's kept their doors open and my family hasn't gone to bed hungry since he took me," said the blonde.
"I'm sorry you have to endure this," you sighed. You couldn't even begin to imagine how Loki had treated them. You saw in his eyes how hurt he was. You knew him well enough to know that meant he only wanted to hurt other people, just as bad.
"What does he have on you?" Liv asked, pulling you out of your thoughts.
"This," you replied, holding up the wrist that had the cuff. When they looked at you, confused, you explained further.
"He has control over me. I can't tell anyone, who doesn't already know, that it's him, not Odin or they die. I can't take it off and I'm pretty sure it has some kind of tracker in it," you explained.
"At least you don't have to sleep with him. He's so mean," said the blonde.
"Yes, thankfully he would rather die before sleeping with me. And vice versa. I would die before being with him," you said.
"But why would he want control over you?" asked the blonde.
"Amber! This is lady y/n, she and Loki are always at each other's throats," said Liv. She had whispered his name, almost as if she thought it would summon him.
"Lady y/n, please accept my sincerest apologizes. I had no idea who you were," said Amber. You waved your hand.
"It's no big deal. Besides, how would you know who I was?"
"It is a huge deal and you're a huge deal! You are the most kickass woman in Asgard! Everyone knows who you are. I can't believe I'm actually meeting you. The stories they tell about you in the streets," Amber said, looking at you in wonderment.
And yet here I am, trapped by a ridiculous cuff on my wrist," you sighed. You knew Loki was going to be back soon and he would be less than pleased if they were still here.
"You girls should leave now, before he gets back. He will be less kind next time, if he finds you here when he returns."
They nodded and left. You could here them whispering to the door, you knew it was about you.