Chapter 8

You stayed at the Avengers facility over the next week. You trained hard with Thor and the other Avengers, although Clint still didn't trust you one bit. It was nice to be challenged and you had enjoyed your stay, but you knew you needed to get back to Asgard. Who new what fresh Hel Loki would give you?
"When will you return?" you asked Thor. The two of you were standing in the living area, alone. It was evening time.
"I do not know, y/n. There is still much for me to do on Midgard," Thor replied.
"You are greatly missed by everyone," you said.
"I don't think everyone feels that way," he laughed.
"Loki might not act it, but he actually loves you," you said.
"Are you really defending him?" Thor asked, raising his eyebrows.
"No! Of course not," you scowled.
"I'm sad to see you go, y/n. I have missed you, dearly."
"Then come back home, to Asgard, soon."
"I will be there as soon as I can," he promised.
He enveloped you in his arms and hugged you close, giving you a kiss on the forehead. You stood there in his arms for a moment, not wanting to go back. He released you and stepped back, smiling.
"Goodbye, y/n," he said.
"Goodbye, Thor," you replied. With that, you threw him one last smile and teleported back to Asgard.

You were back in your room, on Asgard. The darkness of night encased you. Once your eyes had adjusted, that's when you froze. The moon shining into the room revealed the silhouette of a person, standing on your balcony. A knife appeared in your hand.
"I'd put that away, if I were you," the person said.
Their voice was cold and it felt as though icy fingers gripped your heart. He snapped his fingers and the room was filled with light, from the flames that had been started in the fireplace. The fire that burned in the mantel matched the fire burning in his green eyes.
"What are you doing?" you asked, through closed teeth.
"Punishing you, or should I say punishing him," Loki said.
That's when your heart caught in your throat. There, bound to a chair, was Troy. An illusion of Loki took the gag out of Troy's mouth.
"Don't believe anything he says!" Troy shouted towards you.
"That's enough," Loki growled. His illusion punched Troy in the face. The real Loki walked over to you.
"Have you already forgotten what I told you?" he hissed in your ear. A chill ran down your spine. "You left, and since you obviously are unfazed by the threat of punishment, I won't hurt you. I'll hurt him."
His illusion punched Troy hard in the stomach, causing him to double over. You saw the pain in Troy's eyes.
"Stop!" you cried out. Troy got punched again in the stomach. You turned your head away, but Loki grabbed you. He forced you to watch, as tears ran down your face.
"You don't get to look away," he said. You stood there helpless, as Loki held you by the throat, making you watch Troy get beat up.
He let go of you, causing you to fall to the ground. His illusion disappeared, as he stopped in front of Troy. He grabbed the back of Troy's neck and made him look up. Troy's face was bloody and bruised.
"You will never win," Loki said.
"You doubt me," Troy spat. Troy's restraint disappeared and Loki pushed him towards the door. Loki transformed into Odin and opened the door.
"Take him to the dungeons. I have nothing more to say to the traitor," you heard Odin say.
He closed the door and became himself again, he walked over to you. You had become infuriated with him at this point.
"This is what happens when you disobey me," he said. A knife appeared in your hand. He turned it to ash as you raised your hand to stab him.
"What is wrong with you?!" you screamed at him. He grabbed your arm, pulling you to your feet.
"You should be thanking me. I let you go to Midgard," he said.
"Like you could've stopped me," you spat.
"I'd watch your mouth, if you don't want him to get hurt anymore," Loki warned.
"What do you want?"
"For you to understand who's in charge."
"Why? Why is it so important that you have control over me?"
He looked shocked by your question and almost a little sad, but you quickly saw his anger reappear.
"If you want no further harm to come to your lover, then I would suggest you start listening to me," he replied.
He let go of your arm and started walking towards the door. His answer wasn't good enough, you had to stop him. You needed to know why he wanted to hurt you so badly. You knew he wasn't going to let you just walk up and touch his forehead. He had gotten about halfway to the door, when you appeared in front of him, blocking his path. He looked extremely annoyed.
"Mo-" he started to say.
You cut him off, pressing your lips against his. It threw him off enough to give you time to put your palm to his forehead.

You looked around you to find yourself in Odin's room. It wasn't a recent memory, because you saw Frigga sitting in front of the fire. A little black haired boy stood in front of her. Loki, he couldn't have been more than 150 or 200 at the time.
"But mother, she isn't even of noble blood. I don't understand why I have to train with her," Loki said. Frigga smiled.
"Loki, my love, if you want to be King someday, then you need to learn to get along with everyone. Everyone is important, no matter if they have noble blood and live in a palace or if they grew up in the streets," said Frigga.
"Why her? She doesn't know anything about magic," Loki complained.
"Neither did you, until I taught you," replied Frigga.
You could see the determination on Loki's your face. At this point, you knew they were talking about you. You had also known that Loki hated you, but you never knew he hated you to the point he tried to convince Frigga to stop helping you.
"Why do we have to help her? She isn't even full Asgardian!" Loki exclaimed.
Wait, what? What did he mean you weren't full Asgardian?