Chapter 12

A new year had come and gone and you had fallen into a routine. During the day, you would stand next to Loki during meeting with the common people, who had concerns about life; as well as, listen in on counsel meeting with the generals. Most nights, one or both of the girls would come to your room for healing. You tried your hardest to keep Loki calm and not upset him. Most days you were successful, on the days you weren't, he would take it out on you or one of the girls. He would yell at you and try to hit you, but that would only end in a worse fight. This meant that one of the girls would come to you with a broken bone.
Nothing major happened and you were comfortable for now. No, you weren't happy, by any means, but things could be worse. He had let Troy out of the isolation room and had put him in a regular cell. You had even been able to sneak down and talk to Troy a few times over the year. You had to use your illusions, but at least you could talk with him. You knew Loki listened in on all of the conversations, if he didn't approve of something he would punish Troy.
It turned out that Loki was actually pretty good at being king. Asgard had been prospering more and more each day. Loki had been away for the last week, you had no idea where. Odin had left in the dead of night and no one had seen him since.
It was nighttime and you were wrapped up in a silk robe. You sat in one of your chairs, in front of the fireplace, reading a book. The door opened, causing you to look up. To your surprise it Odin. You usually didn't know he had returned until one of the girls came knocking on your door. He transformed back into himself. That's when you noticed he was holding his left side, his clothes had fresh blood on them. You quickly jumped up to help him over to the coach.
"What happened?" you asked. He lowered himself onto the coach and laid out. You kneeled by his side.
"I just need you to heal me," he replied.
He undid his shirt and pulled it away from his skin. He winced as the fabric separated itself from his, still bleeding, wound. He had a deep wound on the side of his stomach, the area surrounding it looked as though it was burned.
"Loki," you said, concerned. "You need to go to the healing ward, not me."
"I know what I need," he snapped.
He grabbed your hand and put it on the burned area. You sighed and looked down at the task before you. You knew it must have taken a lot for him to look this bad. He had completely ignored you when you had asked him what happened. You ran your fingers gently over the affected areas. There was still something inside the wound.
"I'm sorry, this is going to hurt," you apologized.
You used your magic to pull out whatever was stuck inside of him. His face twisted in pain. It took a good thirty minutes before you got it out. It took some time due to the fact that if it was still stuck inside of him, it had to be sharp. You were cautious, so you wouldn't cut up his insides anymore then they were already. You put the blood cover object to the side and started working on healing the wound from the inside. It took another half hour to clean out the wound and stitch everything up. You then turned your attention to the burn surrounding. It wasn't a normal burn, it was a burn caused by dark magic. You wanted to ask how he got it, but thought better of it.
"Loki, I won't be able to heal this in one night," you said.
"I understand that. If you could please just wrap me up," he replied, calmly. You helped him sit up and wrapped a roll of gauze over his toned stomach.
"I think you should stay here, until the morning. You don't want the stitches to come out," you said.
"If they come out I will stitch myself up again. I'll be going back to my room now," he said.
"Loki, I don't thi-" you started, but the look he sent your way, stopped you.
You stood up, adjusted your robe and watched as he struggled to his own feet. He limped towards the door and was just about to open it.
"You haven't changed to Odin," you stated.
He stopped. It looked like he was trying to change, but his body was too exhausted from the trauma it had endured today. He leaned back against the door and closed his eyes, clearly frustrated.
"Does anyone else know you are here?" you asked. He shook his head no.
You turned your coach into a bed and pulled back the sheets for him, before walking over to offer a shoulder. You helped him get comfortable before putting out the fire and walking into your bedroom. You slipped out of your robe and threw on a Midgardian shirt, that Thor had brought back from one of his adventures. The front of it read 'The Beatles,' an odd thing to put on a shirt. You snuggled in, under you covers, as your mind raced about what could have done this to Loki. Had he gone back to those places that he wouldn't show you? Why would he do that? You drifted off to sleep trying to figure out who could've done hurt him so badly.