Chapter 6

Weeks went by and you hadn't seen or heard anything from Loki, since that night. You were barely sleeping at night. Every time you closed you eyes the haunting images of him flashed through your mind. The pain you saw in his green eyes, the self-inflected harm he had done to himself. All because he blamed himself. You needed to talk to someone who would understand. You needed to talk to Thor. Only problem was, was Thor was on Midgard and Loki had made it very clear you weren't allowed to tell anyone about him being Odin. You couldn't sit around and do nothing. You needed answers. You were smart and there was bound to be a loophole, like if Thor guesses it himself. You had made up your mind, you were going to Midgard.

You stood there under the cover of the night. The hood on your cape hung low over your face. You weren't sure what was about to happen, as you stared at the mountain wall in front of you. You had cast an illusion that you were still at the castle. Everything was set. You took a deep breath and stepped forward. You half expected to hit the wall, thinking that Loki might have closed off the secret passageway to Midgard. Instead, you were blinded by the sunlight.

The busy streets of New York bustled around you. You stepped into a nearby alleyway and waved your hand. Your clothes changed from the Asgardian dress and cape you had on to a pair of tight jeans, a snug tank and tennis shoes. While your hair, pulled itself back into a ponytail. You had always loved how comfortable Midgardian clothes were, compared to the corset dresses you wore back on Asgard.
You walked out to the curb and made an Aston Martin DB10 appear in an empty space. You got into the supercar and joined the traffic of New York. It took about an hour to get out onto open road and from there took you about another hour to reach your destination. The Avengers Facility. The doors looked heavily armed and you doubted they would let in a stranger. This was a secure location that no one was supposed to know about. You pulled your car over into a wooded area, so to stay hidden, and teleported yourself inside.
You stood there, in the living area and looked around. No one was there. You sighed and made your way over to the huge bar, making yourself a drink. The alcohol on Midgard was weak and you therefore ended up using a lot of it. After you made your drink, you walked over to the glass wall, that overlooked the training grounds. You didn't see anyone down there, as well. Your mind drifted back to Loki, as you sipped your drink.

You were back on Asgard, it was before Thor's coronation. You, Thor and Loki we're all dressed in your royal attire. The three of you were in Thor's room. Loki was sitting on the couch, while you helped Thor with his cape.
"I honestly never thought I'd see this day come," you said to Thor.
"Why is that?" he responded.
"I half expected you to have been killed in battle by now," you said.
"I think we all expected that," Loki added.
"It would have been a worthy way to die," Thor laughed.
You walked over and sat on a chair across from Loki, who was creating snakes in thin air. Thor grabbed three pints of ale and handed one to each of you.
"To me!" Thor said, raising his glass.
"To you," you said.
You raised your glass to meet his. Loki rolled his eyes, but reluctantly followed suit. The three of you downed the ale and left the room, after Thor had refilled his cup. Loki disappeared, while you walked with Thor towards his coronation. The hallway was decorated in gold and a fire burned ahead.
"Another!" Thor yelled.
He drank his ale and threw his cup into the fire, which blazed higher. You walked around it. Thor held tightly onto Mjolnir. Up ahead you could see horns, Loki had gone to get his helmet. He walked out and meet you and Thor. You, Thor and Loki stood there together.
"Nervous, Brother?" Loki asked. Thor gave a jolly laugh.
"Have you ever known me to be nervous?" Thor questioned.
"Well, there was the time in Nornhiem," said Loki.
"That was not nerves, Brother. That was the rage of battle," replied Thor.
"Ah, I see."
"How else could I have fought my way through a hundred warriors and pulled us out alive?"
"Uh, as I recall, I was the one who veiled us in smoke to ease our escape."
Thor laughed, as a servant appeared with a chalice filled with wine.
"Yes, some do battle, others just do tricks."
The servant chuckled with Thor at this comment. It pissed you off, it was one thing for Thor to laugh, but a servant to laugh at a prince? You were about to correct him, when Loki moved his hand. The servant became terrified, as the wind turned into snakes. He dropped the cup, the snakes slithered on the floor. Loki laughed at the man's terror.
"Loki," Thor said. "Now, that was just a waste of good wine."
"Oh, just a bit of fun," Loki replied. "Ah, my friend?"
You gestured with your hand, causing the snakes to disappear. The man quickly picked up the items he had dropped and scurried away. Loki continued to laugh. A guard appeared, handing Thor his winged helmet. Loki looked at it.
"Oh, nice feathers," he teased.
"You don't really want to start this again, do you?" Thor asked.
"I was being sincere," Loki said.
"You are incapable of sincerity," Thor replied. You laughed at his comment and received a death glare from Loki.
"Am I?"
"Yes."
"I've looked forward to this day as long as you have. You're my brother, you're my friend and sometimes I'm envious, but never doubtful of you."
Thor grabbed Loki behind the neck.
"Thank you."

You heard voices behind you, snapping you back from your thoughts. You turned around to see who it was. Walking towards you was Tony Stark and Steve Rogers. Tony was the first to see you, you saw the playboy millionaire's face light up.