Chapter II

"To be content in sorrow.

To be living while just existing.

Beauty in its purest form.

(By the Author)

Two hours went by fast. After Emily's Literature class, she decided to drive thru her favorite Chinese restaurant for dinner and call it a day. Her apartment was at least 45 mins away from the University. She thought the 45 mins drive was better than shelling out extra $500 for an apartment near the Uni.

The drive was filled with silence. She's been used to it. On most occasions, she would usually play her favorite music whenever she's driving. But Emily has made an exception today and contented herself with the silence and serenity that the drive offered.

Emily rolled down her car windows and allowed the cool breeze to sooth her tired mind. She filled her lungs with the fall breeze, inhaling the soothing effect that seemed to effectively calm her nerves. It's been a long day. And her finals and her taking extra shifts isn't making things easier for her.

She arrived at her apartment feeling exhausted. Emily plumped her tired body onto her couch, turned on the tv and mindlessly flipped through the channels. Then finally settling to a cooking channel.

Emily checked her phone, 5 text messages and 2 missed calls from her mom. 1 text message from her mom asking her to call back. 1 text from Lily thanking her again. And 1 text message from each of the girls Spencer, Hanna and Aria asking how her day went.

*****

It wasn't unusual for Emily to wake up at 4 in the morning for a jog. This hobby of hers is usually followed with a photo walk at the park. Something she's gone into habit since her move to Boston.

After jogging and heading back to her apartment, she went out and grabbed her camera and bag of lenses. She would usually find herself walking aimlessly at the park, taking pictures of random people. She liked taking candid shots of people's faces, most especially their eyes.

One girl caught Emily's attention. She was sitting in a bench not so far from Emily's. Emily initially assumed that the girl was with the elderly man with a cat on his lap. But seeing him leave shortly when Emily arrived, showed her more of the girl's face. Emily zoomed her camera towards her and snapped a couple of shots.

For a while, she took in the girl's lovely face through her camera. The girl has almost shoulder length blond hair, slightly wavy locks, Green eyes and a heart-shaped pink lips. Emily saw her smiling, looking at her phone. The mysterious girl slid back her phone to her bag, smile still evident in her face, and slightly tilted her head and looked at Emily's direction. Emily hastily moved her camera and pointed it towards someone else, hoping the mysterious girl didn't think she was taking photos of her.

Emily finally packed her camera and lenses, and headed to The Brew. If there's anything she liked about Lily's shift is that it starts at 10 am. The Brew will hardly be filled with customers except when approaching near noon. But maybe today's an exception to that. The Brew has a number of customers already bee lined towards the counter.

Emily's co-barista, Jake, signaled her to replace him at the counter. She immediately obliged and tied a knot of her apron while walking towards him.

"I got it Jake," Emily said with a smile.

Emily wasn't exactly looking at the customer when she said her usual spiel for their customers, "Hi, my name's Emily, what's your order and name on the cup please?"

"I just want a medium-sized Americano, semi-warm please? And it's Aly."