Chapter VIII

And now when all is done and

There is nothing to say

You have gone and so effortlessly

You have won

You can go ahead tell them

Tell them all I know now

Shout it from the roof tops

Write it on the skyline

all we had is gone now

Tell them I was happy

And my heart is broken

All my scars are open

Tell them what I hoped would be

Impossible, impossible

(Flashback, Senior year)

Alison lives for Sundays--it's the time of the week where there's no school to worry about. Sundays speak of a carefree and a relaxing day. Sundays mean her dad would be sulking at their office. She does feel awful for her dad, her mom's death has not been kind to their family. But then... there are the Sundays that she gets to spend with Emily. And that's all she could care about no matter how selfish that sounds.

"What's wrong?" Alison asked innocently, sipping on her semi-warm cup of coffee. "You're smiling like you know something I don't know about."

"Nothing, you're sitting on the [kitchen] counter, it's not like you to do that," Emily shrugged.

"What? I can't watch my girlfriend make me breakfast?" Alison said casually, not realising that that morning was the first time they've put a label to their relationship.

Alison put her cup of coffee down, making way for herself to jump off of the counter.

"And I can't do this to my girlfriend?" Alison leaned in closer to Emily, pausing when she was less than an inch closer to her, "you're the most beautiful person I've ever laid my eyes on. I wanna kick myself for missing that out ions ago."

"You're here now, Ali. That's all that matters," Emily whispered.

"Your mom's not here, is she?"

"No, she won't be back til afternoon."

"Great, because that means I'd get to do this," Alison cleared a few strands of Emily's hair blocking her face, slid her arms to Emily's neck, Emily returning the gesture, her warm hands held on to Alison's. She let out a content smile seeing Emily's gorgeous face this close, this intimate.

Both Alison and Emily was breathing heavily. Emily closed off the rising sexual tension between them with a kiss. Both their lips graced each other's--steadfastly, intimately, passionately. Deep into the kiss, Alison let out a moan, mouthing Emily's name into the kiss. Emily happily obliged and let herself lose, hands slowly roaming towards Alison's top. Alison didn't mind the soft hands exploring her body. She in turn cupped Emily's face, drawing Emily closer to her than ever.

Alison lifted Emily's shirt off of her and tossed it to the floor. Emily's long, wavy hair danced freely as both girls savored and lost themselves into their kiss.

"Oh my god! I cannot un-see that! I am perpetually scarred for life!" (Spence)

"I can't eat there anymore!" (Hanna)