Chapter XIV

"I can't believe you're leaving mom. Alexis left... And now... you." Emily held back her sniff. "It feels like everybody's leaving."

"Emmy sweetie, I'm family. I will never leave you," Mrs. Fields said while she cupped Emily's face. "She's coming back for you, Emmy. Alison."

"How can you be so sure? It's been 3 days. I haven't heard from her."

"I am very sure. Look behind you." Mrs. Fields gestured Emily to look behind her.

"Alison?" There's her golden girl, her Alison. Timidly standing just a few feet away from her and her mom.

"Ems, honey, you be good okay? You know that your father and I are just a call away. And so does Spencer, Aria and Han. I have to go now. There's another important person waiting for you... Go on." By then, Mrs. Fields gave Emily a tight hug and left.

"Mom..." That's all Emily could say while she watched her mother's figure disappear. She turned her back and found Alison in front of her.

"Hi." - Alison

"Hi." - Emily

Both of them said in unison.

"You're heading back to the Brew?" Alison asked.

That hair. "No." - Emily

"Going home?" - Alison

Those Blue eyes she missed. "No." - Emily

"Hungry?" - Alison

Those lips. "No." -  Emily

"Want to walk?" - Alison

Those soft, milky hands. "No." - Emily

"I swear Ems if you'd keep on saying "no" I'll kiss you right here and you know I can do that." Alison said, firmly and with an assurance.

"Okay."

"Okay like okay I can kiss you?" Alison half-smiled while she spoke.

"Okay like I'm a bit hungry."

"Did you bring your car?" Alison asked.

"Yes."

"Where did you park it? I'll drive. I know a place where we can eat." Alison intertwined her hands with Emily. Emily protested but Alison just held on to her tighter.

When they reached the parking lot, Alison opened the car door for her. Alison then walked to the driver's seat and carefully put on the seatbelt for Emily. That gesture was short yet Alison felt her heart's heavy beating. Thick air enveloped both the brunette and the blond. Emily stiffened over the simple graze of their skin against each other.

Emily was still practically avoiding Alison's gaze. Yet at least Emily had allowed Alison to keep their hands linked together. "That's a start..." Alison thought.

There was an awkward silence inside the car.

"Emily... You're gonna have to speak to me at least. Can you please try to do that?" Alison pleaded.

Emily just let out a light shrug, still not looking at Alison's.

"I'm sorry, Ems."

"What for." Emily replied blankly, a small crease formed on Emily's forehead, arms crossed against her chest.

"You know what..."

"I don't. You tell me." Emily said blankly.

"For leaving... For loving you."

Silence.

"Will you say something please? Emily?"

More silence.

"You killed me, Alison." Emily replied to Alison almost inaudibly.

"I... What?" Alison asked, confused, unsure of what just came out of Emily's gorgeous lips.

"I said... You. Killed. Me." Emily raised her head and met Alison's bewildered eyes.

Emily suddenly thumped her fists against Alison's shoulder. Alison did not make any ounce of an effort to stop Emily despite of the physical hurt. She allowed Emily to... Just be. And let it all out.

"You killed me, Alison! You left me hanging! I! Waiteddd! For yooou! You... You! You jerk! I hate you, Ali! I hate you for making me believe you would come for me! I believed you when everybody else didn't. I hate you! I hate you! I shouldn't have waited... For you! I hated myself! I... Hate... Myself." By this time, Emily allowed herself to free the tears she's been holding back.

"Emily... You're hurting... Me..." Alison gently told Emily.

As if reality poured a pale of cold water over Emily, she stopped thumping her fists against Alison's shoulder. Alison brought both Emily hands and cupped them against her face. She placed a light peck on Emily's sore knuckles. This very simple gesture somehow calmed Emily.

"Em, I'm here now. You of all people deserve an explanation why I left."

"You can keep your explanation to yourself."

Silence.

Alison leaned closer to Emily and left a hasty peck on Emily's lips. Just when she was about to distance herself from Emily... Emily pulled her in, laced her hand against her nape, pulling them both to a slow and deep kiss.

Alison felt the urge to explore Emily's lips. How she has missed her lips so very much. Alison returned Emily's kiss with the same passion and intensity. Both ladies breathlessly kissed each other, desire and yearning taking over them both.

Emily internally debated against herself, Alison felt the same.

Yet how. How can anyone resist the love of their life's kiss? How can anyone deprive themselves this moment? This bubble? How can anyone let even time take this moment away from them.

"Stop, Alison... Just please, stop! Stop. Kissing. Me." Were all the words Emily could say. Against her will. Against reason.

Emily's heart had a mind of its own. It wanted to scream. It wanted to rip her chest apart. It wanted to breathe and let lose of the magnitude of her feelings. It wanted her to say to Alison... "Stop... Just please, stop... making me remember why I have loved you in the first place."