Chapter 9

AN: I'm so excited that EONexus will be a thing in the next few months! But I gotta remember that I have more stories to write before I can start pondering about what I want to do with the EONexus series...but I can't help myself. I have big plans for that series, where all my boys will be in one place. It's going to be fun. Before all of that, though, I still have to finish this saga. Fortunately, I have the rest of this story planned. I just need to do the writing out bit. Enough ramblings, I hope you enjoy reading~

-

Chapter 9:

Lynus' head was honestly starting to ache as Axel led him from the hospital and out into the cool air outside. With Axel's arm securely around his shoulders, Lynus briefly closed his eyes and curled toward Axel's side and rested his head upon his chest.

To say that he was worried about their current circumstances was an understatement. As was the fact that he was still feeling the after effects of pushing himself beyond his limit yesterday. But it had to be done. He had to push himself to allow for his fellow medics to have a small respite themselves.

Now they had time to compose themselves and to ready themselves for a future hex onslaught. Now Dr Stiles, Darrell, and Angie all had the knowledge to remove the hexes themselves without suffering from the repercussions.

The battle was far from over, but at least now they had a way to push back.

"Are you all right?" Axel asked him softly as he curled his arm tighter around him to hold him closer.

"Yeah, I'm...just tired," Lynus admitted as he opened his eyes and tilted his head back so that he could look up upon Axel's face. "And worried."

Axel's own face was creased with worry and he uttered as sigh. "We all are," he said as he leaned forward to gently kiss Lynus on his forehead.

Lynus also uttered a sigh. "I just hope that these hexers don't learn of certain people's weak points and use them against them. You know what I mean?"

"Yeah, I do," Axel murmured under his breath as his hold around him became more protective and firm.

"Everyone is vulnerable right now," Lynus immediately replied, both hearing and sensing the helplessness and guilt in Axel's voice and aura. "Don't feel bad."

Axel simply exhaled slowly and made no attempt to verbally respond. He didn't need to. Lynus could easily sense how he was feeling. Worried, uneasy, guilty, helpless. His physical strength was his greatest asset. It was one of the greatest assets to the entire guild. But for this situation, for these hexes, physical strength couldn't compete. And Axel, and so many others who replied on their physical strength and skills, felt completely and utterly out of their depth.

The removal of these hexes hung solely on medics and healers. Something that a lot of people weren't comfortable with.

And that was something that those hexers no doubt knew.

"Lynus!"

Lynus was pulled from his musings by a familiar voice. He and Axel stopped walking and turned to watch Shiki, along with Simmons and the others of his guild push their way through the crowds.

"Oh, Shiki?" Lynus murmured before a smile of relief slipped across his face and he lifted his head from Axel's chest to regard them all. "Ah, guild Cosmos. I'm glad to see you haven't been affected."

"How you feeling?" Simmons was the one to ask with a look of concern as he stood next to his father.

Lynus sent him a hopefully reassuring smile. "Oh, I'm fine."