Chapter 14

AN: Ridiculously long chapter ahead XD But it's full of fluff and others fussing over Lynus so it's no surprise it's longer than the other chapters. Well, this is the last chapter to this saga. After this one I think I might take a small break from novels for a little while. Maybe chill out with some rping or something. Who knows, I certainly don't half the time. Anyway, hope you enjoy reading!

-

Chapter 14:

Lynus sat against the pillows propped up behind his back and gazed out the window of his hospital room. Two days had passed since the end of the Hex Epidemic and he had spent the majority of that time sleeping, awaking only to eat. It was an odd feeling, being so exhausted. Eating and sleeping, and doing little else. It was something he was not at all used to. He probably never would become accustomed to it.

Another thing he was still acclimatising to was being the centre of everyone's concerned and worried attention. He had caused worry before, completely unintentionally each time, but this time was different.

What had happened truly scared them. No, terrified them.

Lynus sighed as he sunk deeper against the pillows and continued to stare outside the window. It was a clear day outside so the window was open allowing for a gentle breeze to drift in on occasion.

He was currently alone in his room, but Axel was just outside speaking with Hamza about something. Something they obviously didn't want to concern him with. But even though Lynus was still suffering from exhaustion he could sense their auras and they weren't bristling with anger or concern, so the conversation was likely that of idle talk. Or perhaps planning for what they were to do in the future. Lynus was unlikely to be allowed in the labyrinth for a few more days.

Sitting in this bed, alone with his thoughts, Lynus couldn't help but feel anxious. Well, not quite anxious perhaps restless was a better word. He was in the hospital and though he was currently a patient, he still felt the urge to get up and do his rounds.

He truly was a workaholic, wasn't he?

He didn't remember much of the last couple of days. He remembered seeing the others on occasion, finding them sat by his bedside, seemingly waiting for him to awaken. Or being gently awoken by them in order to get something to eat and drink. He did remember the relief upon seeing them, though. He trusted and believed in what Axel said, about how he had managed to heal them all, but he still needed to see for himself.

And thankfully he couldn't sense any lingering curses or hexes upon them. He may have been exhausted, on the brink of falling back to sleep during many of their encounters, but it was his pure instinct to assess them immediately.

They truly were safe and unharmed.

He was...glad. He didn't understand how he had done it and he tried not to think about it too much. He just needed to focus on himself, to get himself to a state where he didn't have to worry anyone anymore. Focusing on himself was going to be difficult, he had been trying for ages now with little progress, but he had to try.

For Axel's sake. For his family's sake.

The presence of Dr Stiles' aura as it grew closer caused Lynus to roll his head away from the window and to instead look expectantly at the door. He waited for what felt like a minute as Dr Stiles paused to speak with Axel and Hamza outside before he opened the door and stepped in.

"Ah, good, you're awake," he said with relief in his voice and quickly made his way over to the bed. "How are you feeling?"

Lynus gave the head doctor a small smile. "Just a little tired yet restless," he answered honestly. "I actually feel as though I should be getting up and making myself useful."