Put me down right now

Blake : Soon after having some lunch the investors left and only Cole , Alyssa and me were there in the conference room .

We discussed all the major issues that were highlighted during the meeting .
I was busy talking to Cole when I felt some weight on my shoulders and then I saw Cole grinning .

I was confused for a bit but as I turned to look over, the weight shifted from my shoulders and it transferred on my lap .

And then I realised that it was Alyssa . Even after falling down on my knees she didn't woke up. I know that she always sleeps like she is hibernating but come on everyone would wake up falling and even if we leave that then please explain me, how on earth is she comfortable sleeping in such an uncomfertable position .

I kept on looking at her sleeping on my lap . I don't know why but I just wanted to stop the time right then and there but my bubble was soon broken when Cole's camera flashed on us .

I straight away turned my head in his direction and glared at him just in a second he was out of the conference room .

I didn't want to wake her up so I waited for a while gently removing strands away from her face . She looked beautiful . She had always been beautiful . I never understood, why she always felt like she was never good enough when she was just perfect .

After taking a moment, I picked her up in my arms in bridal style without waking her up which was easy as I know she wouldn't wake up even if I drop her then and there. I laughed silently at the thought .

As I exited the room and was passing the hallway, I realised that it was still the time for office hours and everyone was there . Everyone stared at us continuously and talked among themselves .

It never would have mattered to me but with Al in my arms I was a bit pissed so I tucked her more it my chest covering up her whole face and just as I cleared my throat once everyone went back to do there work knowing that I don't tolerate such behaviour in my office .

I opened my main office and gently placed her on the sofa and covered her with my coat. I then straight away went over to my desk ordered some coffee and continued with the work I have left for so many days .

After I completed nearly all of my work it was almost 8pm, I looked over at her side again but she was still sleeping .

I debated if I should or shouldn't wake her up but I knew that she might have worked hard the whole night . So I decided not to wake her up .

Again I picked her up and this time she snuggled into me and inhaled my scent . She is really adorable . I smiled at her and kissed her head even she smiled back and spoke in her sleepy state

" Blake "

She could recognise me even in her sleepy state .

" You are a pure gem . My own gem Al" I kissed her head once more and took her towards the parking area . Luckily no one was there, as the office hours ended an hour back .

The drive back to home was silent but satisfactory as she was coming back with me and sitting actually sleeping besides me .

Once again I went over to her side to lift her up because this time I wanted to lift her for my sake because I felt so complete, the last time I picked her and she recognised me. The whole ride back, I played it in my head again and again. And now I wanted her to say it in reality again .

I was really excited about it so I quickly picked her up but on my way of getting her out of the car her head hit hard on the door and she groaned instead and rubbed her head .