65 - Break in

Jack's point of view

Hesitantly, we all agreed, being as ready as we could be for this. She nodded and turned, sucking in a deep breath before opening the door slowly. We all went into the glass room and Lila started to go to the door, but I stopped her, gently grabbing her shoulder and pulling her back. She was about to say something, but stopped, seeing what I was doing as I walked to the door. I was going first, just in case. I pushed the glass door open and walked inside. She immediately looked up, her dark brown eyes meeting my blue ones. 

She immediately noticed us, and how we didn't belong. She knew, because of the clothes and how none of us had the mind control symbol anywhere. She stood up, and we saw her  concentrating a bit. She was sending people after us, we need to break her concentration, see if we can free these people that way first. I knew something needed to be said, but I didn't know what to say or how to say it, luckily Lila showed no signs of fear, stepping into the room next to me, Mark holding the door pen behind us, everyone else ready to come in or get out. "Why are you doing this?" She asked firmly, and at this point, with the silence broken, the others in the cages looked up, shooting daggers at us with their gazes alone.

Amelia looked at us, speaking, her voice matching Lila's tone, but it felt more evil. "Because, I don't like how the world worked before. I want there to be one person in charge: me. But are you kids really going to try and stop me now? Look how far I've come! I've got these people wrapped around my finger, and there's nothing you could do about it. Now, you have a set of options! Option number one: surrender and live under my will, option two: Go ahead and let me kill you, getting rid of a problem. Or option three: refuse both of the previous options, and I'll just have to control you too."  

We were quiet for a moment, and she spoke. "I don't have all day, choose or I'm picking for you." Then Felix stepped into the room, speaking. "How about option four: we kick your ass and save the world." She let out an exasperated sigh, looking at us. "Guess we'll have to do this the hard way. You can't run, but you should have about ten seconds, either way you'll be dead, but if I deem you worthy, I'll control you and you can join us. Time's ticking, everyone is coming. Don't expect me not to come too, why would I miss this? Go ahead, I'll be there." She smiled, and Ethan acted immediately. I assumed he decided outside of the building would be the safest place to battle, and have a short time to prepare for one. 

He didn't give us a choice, making a portal beneath all of us and letting us fall through and onto the road in front of the building. We fell from just above head level, and the portal closed after everyone landed. I stumbled, along with everyone else, Lila almost falling completely, none of us being ready for the sudden drop. I regained my balance and looked at Ethan, my head turning his direction along with everyone else. I was about to ask him why he did that, but whipped my head around when the front doors flew open. Everyone else's gaze followed mine, and everyone began to spread out, ready to defend themselves. Someone walked out with the people running, and dark clouds formed and it began to rain heavily. It was Liam, he was walking out, the black mark back on his left hand, and I sighed. I need to fix this. 

I looked through the crowd, trying to find Amelia. Maybe, just maybe I could break her focus and save everyone. But after a few minutes, the doors were closed and people stopped coming out. She must have already left, and slipped her way through the crowd. I was now soaked with the heavy rain, but didn't notice. I just turned to the left but sidestepped when I saw someone summon a rock about the size of both of my hands put together, and it was sharp. He threw it at me and I dodged it, but as soon as I did I gasped as a vine wrapped around my right arm tightly, and I almost inhaled the water dripping from my hair onto my face, but I didn't notice. I was tugged, hard to my right and stumbled, falling onto my right side with a quiet 'oof' as I hit the ground. 

I tried to stand again, but the vine pulled me down, pulling at my arm and hurting my shoulder. I looked back and saw the person who threw the rock at me start to summon another sharp rock, this one a bit bigger than the last one. He threw it at me, and it hit my left hand, right in the palm. I screamed in pain as the rock stabbed my skin, not all the way through my hand, and the rock disappeared, as blood began to gush from my hand. The vine got m other arm and began dragging me that way. I screamed as it squeezed my wrist tightly, pushing more blood from the wound.

Luckily, my screams were heard, as blood dripped down from my hand, that was now heavily bleeding, landed on my face but was washed away by the rain. A sword was thrown and cut the vines that wrapped my arms and that were dragging me to the person and they disappeared. I looked to my left and Cody was running to me, a small bar like object in his hand, he grabbed the sword, and through blurred vision from the rain he grabbed the sword and it magically turned back into a duplicate of the bar he was holding. He must have made them at some point with his magic. He ran to me next and grabbed my right hand, and I helped him pull me up by standing. He let go of my arm once I was standing.

"You okay?" He shouted over the downpour, and I nodded, and he looked at my bleeding hand. He sighed, "I need to stop that, give me your right arm, I'm gonna make a bandage out of the sleeve!" I nodded and handed him my right arm, and he ripped the sleeve, and I hissed as he wrapped it tightly around my left hand after letting the rain rinse away some of the blood for a split second. He looked back at me, we were both soaked, as was everyone else outside. "I need to go back to what I was doing, be careful! But we have to stay near each other." I nodded and spoke back, "I'll make sure to! Thank you, Cody."

"No problem!" And with that he was off. 

It started storming heavily after a while, thunder booming through the sky as lightning struck nearby, and I looked around. There were blasts, charred areas, fires being put out from the rain, people fighting everywhere. But I couldn't find Cody, or Mark, or Lila or anything. I was on the far right of the action and the people attacking me fled, and I looked around. Then I felt a familiar pain rush through my body. I screamed for help, as loud as my lungs could go. I knew what was happening, and I didn't have much time. It was one of her mind controlling friends, or Amelia herself. 

Here's the picture! Thanks or reading, sorry it's late. Love you guys.

 Love you guys