» twelve-point-five: oliver

just a little fanservice, i suppose

but don't worry, it's all canon.

this chapter is dedicated to @SingingDryad for always, always supporting me

she's the reason i've been able to continue writing on Wattpad, because she's been there since the beginning.

---

She smelled nice. There wasn't the fruity or heavy smell of perfume. There was just the smell of her. It was like the sand and the sky and sea and chocolate hung around her in light layers, and he wanted to stay there, like that.

Not forever. He wasn't silly. And he was supposed to be Sadie's boyfriend, for today at least. But Holly, who was soft and fit against his body, right into the crook under his neck — maybe that's why he kissed her.

He was intoxicated on her scent and the feeling of her against him. He wanted to hold her closer, wanted to capture her and never let her go. He wanted to watch over her.

He didn't know where this fierce protectiveness came from. He'd only known Holly for a few weeks. But there was just something about her that made him want to make sure she knew that she was already good enough the way she was. That was good enough for him.

She tastes like...something secret. Something I don't know. Something minty and sweet, he thought when their lips met for only a brief moment. The taste of her was fleeting, and he wanted it back as soon she pulled away. It's like...popsicles.