04 | Chapter four

Chapter 4 | Thirty girls by eight o'clock

" Dead people receive more flowers than
living ones because regret is stronger than gratitude. "

L U X U R Y

I feel Damian's eyes on me.

"What?" He asks as he drops two Sprite bottles on the floor and walks closer to me.

He looks inside the box and his eyes widen. "Holy shit." His hands go inside the box to grab the transparent packet of cocaine when my own hand slaps his.

"Are you crazy?" I say through gritted teeth. "If the police somehow finds this and finds your fingerprints on the packet you'l l go to jail." I stand up on my normal height, a hand going to my eyes as I look down to the packets.

His hand rapidly moves away from the box as he looks up at me, still kneeling down.

"Do you know how much money these are worth?" His low voice echoes in the basement.

I bite my lips as I nod, turning myself around to look at the boxes behind me. There must be more than fifty over there. A hundred maximum.

Damian stands up and walks towards the boxes, stretching out his arm while on his toes to reach for another box.

I frown when he grabs the box without the help of a ladder but shrug my thoughts away when he throws the empty bottles on the floor and looks inside the black box, putting both of his lips in his mouth and showing me the box.

I close my eyes in denial when I see more packets of cocaine inside.

Damian puts the box down, his left hand going to his chin as he scratches it. "Holy fuck." He murmurs to himself.

He grabs another box, and that one was filled with packets of weed.

He does that with almost all of the boxes, and only one of them had nothing in it, but we decided we wouldn't get it because if someone found out there were drugs in all of them but there was one box that wasn't there, it was gonna get pretty ugly for us both, since they'd probably accuse us of stealing the drugs.

I look down at the cemented floor. "What do we do?"

He looks at me, then bends down to grab the bottles and puts them back inside a random box with pot.

"We put them back." He says, grabbing three bottles and putting them back in the box.

I bend down and start doing the same. "Try to not touch the bottles with your bare hands." I tell his as I pull the sleeves of my sweater closer to my hands and start picking up the empty bottles and putting them back.

After we're done, Damian puts the boxes back where they were before and I put the ladder back behind the piano.

We turn off the light and walk back to the stairs to Larissa's room, giving each other a look to not say anything about it.

"Where are the bottles?!" Larissa asks, looking at our empty hands.

"We couldn't find them." Damian lies.

I have the urge to roll my eyes at his lie. "Why don't we tell Gracie to go home early." I shrug my shoulders as I purposely change the subject.

Larissa grunts. "How the hell did you not find it? There are like seventy black boxes full of empty bottles in the basement!"