19 | Chapter nineteen

Chapter 19 | Kiss me one more time

" He kissed her like her lips were air,
and he couldn't breath. "

L U X U R Y

I had made the beautiful mistake of breaking my phone without saving my contacts on the spare one Eleanor gave me.

I rubbed both of my eyes as I got up from my bed. It was snowing outside as the ceiling in my roof was covered by a thick layer of snow, and I could hear the light sound of frozen droplets of water hitting my window.

My house didn't smell like cookies.

It didn't smell like anything.

It was Christmas, and yet, my surroundings were as silent as ever. I walked to my bathroom and did everything I did every morning. I groaned at the thought that in a week and a half my private tutor, Mr. Turner, would come back every morning to give me stupid lessons.

I looked at my reflexion in the cold mirror. I had a good night, but don't we all after we cry ourselves to sleep?

My injured foot from yesterday wasn't hurting as much as I thought it was going to this morning, and I was thankful for that.

I didn't want to be home during Christmas. I wanted to go out, go to a nice restaurant maybe, by myself. I sat down on my dressing table after grabbing the grey phone Eleanor gave me and turned it on. It was nine in the morning. Eleanor usually served my breakfast at ten. I fixed myself-I put on foundation and concealer, blush, added mascara to my eyelashes after curling them and contoured my cheeks. I straightened my hair as well.

I walked to my closet and slipped on a red tank top, but kept my joggers on. I would change into nicer clothes later.

I walked downstairs with a box behind my back, peeking to see if there were maids walking around the corridors, but I could only see Eleanor fixing my cutlery on the table, talking quietly with another maid.

"–long ago. You could see there was something wrong with her, Macy. She looked at me with such sad eyes..." Eleanor whispered.

"I know, Ells. The sad truth here is that money isn't everything. She must be really upset, the least Mr. And Mrs. White could do is come home to spend Christmas with her."

Eleanor shook her head slightly. "Poor girl is going to have to spend Christmas with us." Eleanor cracked a small joke, making the other maid laugh. "I'll go clean the pool now, Ells."

Eleanor murmured a light 'see you later', before starting to pour the juice in a jar in my cup.

I spun on my heels quietly, going up a few steps then tapping my foot harshly on the steps as I went down, the Eleanor fixing her posture as she saw me walking towards them.

I wanted her to forget what happened last night. I was feeling like crap yesterday, but now I was feeling much better. Maybe the fact that my parents wouldn't be home for Christmas finally settled in.

"Merry Christmas." I said to her, with a small smile on my face.

"Merry Christmas, Quinn!" I could tell that her voice tone was different, not completely excited. She sounded as if she was being careful with her words-because of yesterday.