22 | Chapter twenty two

Chapter 22 | Do you not trust me?

" Sometimes you're all you have.
And sometimes that's all you need."

L U X U R Y

"Since when?" Damian ran his tongue over his teeth with closed eyes, slowly shaking his head.

I bit my bottom lip, bringing my knees to my chest. "The day after I met you."

Damian blinked a couple of times. "What?! That's before thanksgiving!" He swallowed hard.

I shrugged. "I know." I gave him a quick glance. "It's okay, Damian, it really is–"

"That is not fucking okay!" He raises his voice, standing up from my sofa. "You know you could've told me this earlier right? Not after two fucking months?!" He raises an eyebrow at me.

I bring my gaze down, keeping my mouth shut. "Yeah. I know."

He stays silent for a while. "Do you not trust me?"

I brought my head up to look at him. "It's not that–I do trust you, believe me–"

"Why the fuck would you lie then?" He shakes his head.

I bite my lip once again. I didn't know how to answer that. I really didn't. He found out about mom and dad not being here for two months already, and that I was lying about it all along. Thinking about it now, I really wish I could've just told him the truth. But being honest here, I don't even know why I lied in the first place.

"I don't know." I tell him the truth.

"So you lie just for fun? Because I'm not laughing. This is serious. And illegal. You're underage. How is that–?" Damian takes a second to take in a deep breath. "Are they out of their minds?! How could they do that to you?!"

I look to the side. I could play the victim, or tell him that I was used to it. Although, either option would be lying. Again. And I wanted to stay as far away as possible from the sin.

"I don't know." I reply back, my words barely audible to his ears.

"They called. Right?"

I look up at him. Fucking hell. I was in a sticky situation, and I was only making it worse for myself. "Yeah." I lie again. "Yeah, they did."

"Good. At least that." Damian murmurs under his breath. "Do you know when they're coming back?"

I keep my gaze in his eyes for a couple of seconds, before shaking my head and bringing my eyes down to my knee again.

It was December 30th. Damian said he was going to take me out tomorrow to some place nice, but I wasn't really sure if he wanted to now. He seemed really upset at me, and I understood why.

"Damian–"  I licked my lips, shaking my head. "Look, it's okay. I'm not really bothered by it nor should you–they're busy with work and there's nothing I or we can do about it. Just–"

"No! You're staying over at mine until they come back, you're not staying alone."

I shake my head. "No way. I know your family is tired of me, and plus, Sarah doesn't seem to like me either–"