12. Safety First My Ass

Heller my wonderful readers!!! This is the first mass release chapter! Hope you enjoy!!!!
------------------------------------------------------

Alyssa Johnson

"So why have you called me here?" I ask slowly sipping my coffee.

I hated this coffee shop personally, everything was too expensive and shitty tasting.

If people had to make coffee expensive the least they should do is make it taste okay. This black watery thing with sugar called 'coffee' clearly sucked.

"Ugh. This thing sucks." Adam says scrunching his nose.

"Clearly." I say.

"I'm sorry. I, myself have never been to this cafe. A friend suggested it and I thought, why not? Next time though, I'm never taking his suggestions at all."

"Nice try distracting me but get to the point. Why am I here Mr.Henson?"

Adam had come knocking on my door six on the dot and had basically dragged me to this crap cafe and we were now sitting in a booth while I was being anything but nice to him.

"We used to know each other, Alyssa. Come on, don't you remember?" Adam says.

"Yeah, and I also remember that you used to hate my guts."

"That was before, before I really knew you. And before I really knew Cole."

"What does that mean?"

He sighs, "Part of the reason I bought you here was to say sorry to you, I wanted to apologize for a long time but I really couldn't find you and I didn't want to hire a PI or something cause that's just plain creepy."

"Why are you suddenly apologizing to me Mr.Henson."

He glares at me as I call him that.

"I got it all wrong. You weren't cheating, it wasn't you. It was Cole all this time."

"Hold on, what do you mean?"

"After him accusing you of cheating, he started...he started to..."

"What did he do?"

Adam was silent for a moment before quietly saying, "He slept with my girlfriend."

"What?"

"He-he didn't know that it was my girlfriend, just thought of her as some shag." He bitterly says.

"Who was your girlfriend Adam?"

"Tamia Willis."

My nose flares at that name. I knew exactly who Tamia was. The charming and beautiful woman with dark locks that complimented her sun kissed skin. Thought beautiful as she was, I had seen her true colors.

"I know Tamia." I grit my teeth.

"You do?"

"I do indeed, in fact she came to me after a few weeks after Cole and I divorced and boasted about how I was out of Cole's life and how she would be his new wife soon enough."

"I can't believe I dated her." Adam says looking down.

Hmm. I can, I think to myself.

"What does that mean?"

"Oh did I say that out loud?"

"No, I just have telepathic abilities." He says sarcastically.

"But do you really think of me that way?"

"I...uh..."

"Alyssa I'm not like that anymore. I promise you I'm not the person I used to be back then. I was a stupid little bastard back then but I'm not little and stupid and a bastard anymore. I want to make it up to you Alyssa. Please. Let's just be friends." He looks at me hopefully while he says it.